11 :: swimming in it

A/N
Italics - Japanese
Regular Text - English
---
Your entire body ached when you got off work that day.

You walked home in your work boots and grease-stained shirt and shorts, not even bothering to change.

Reaching into tight spaces and laying down was probably going to give you back problems later in life, but that's what doctors are for, hey?

You rubbed your back. "Agh, I should probably get home quick-"

"Hey, girl! I've got a fat stack! Wanna go have some fun?!"

You looked around for the source of the noise, only to see a small, fat, spiky-headed boy waving around a small wad of cash.

You had to lean down to talk to him properly. Josuke's heart stopped when he saw which Shigechi was referring to.

"Sorry, uh...?"

"You can call me Shigechi! Heh..."

"Sorry, Shigechi, but I've got a boyfriend."

Josuke gave a sigh of relief.

"Well, where is he now? I'm sure he won't mind-"

"He's standing right behind you."

Shigechi turned around to see a very pissed Josuke, Okuyasu following behind. "Don't talk to my fucking girl," Josuke growled. You laughed, walking over. You pulled Josuke down for a kiss.

"Well what are you doing at this time of day?" You asked. Okuyasu and Josuke started to both ramble about Shigechi and how he was gonna strike them rich.

You laughed. "Interesting...mind if I tagged along?" Josuke took your hand. "Definitely not."

All of you started to walk away. "Ah, yeah, here's your 10,000," said Shigechi, handing Josuke a ¥10,000 bill.

"I'm pretty sure you owe us more than that," said Josuke, inspecting the bill. Shigechi shook his head. "Well, it was my Harvest who gathered all of this, so I should keep the bigger half, right?"

Okuyasu had officially had it. He grabbed Shigechi by the collar. "It was Josuke's idea, bonehead! Your pea-sized brain wouldn't have been able to come up with that level of genius!"

You and Josuke struggled to get Okuyasu off Shigechi. He owed them money, hey? You had an idea of your own.

"The World!" You whispered, and time came to a halt.

You leaned down to Shigechi's outstretched hand, and equally divided the ¥61,500 into three parts, and stuffed ¥20,500 into Okuyasu and Josuke's pockets, and left ¥20,500 in Shigechi's hand.

The separation process reminded you of your trips to the bank, but it also made you happy that you had a job.

You unfroze time. Okuyasu was still being held back by Josuke. "Check your pockets," you whispered to them. They did, and almost screamed when they pulled out the money.

You motioned for them to shove the money back into their pockets, and they did.

"Thanks, Shigechi. We'll take this."

Shigechi walked over to a vending machine. "Hey, Okuyasu, can I get you anything to drink?"

Okuyasu smiled. "Sure! Gimme a Calpis water!" Shigechi grabbed a drink for himself. "Alright. Get it yourself, then." Okuyasu growled. "Bastard..."