17 :: ...try, try again

Woah, double updates?!
It's been 8 chapters. Guess what we get.
---
A/N
Italics - Japanese
Regular Text - English
---
You walked to school with Josuke again the next day, and not once did you let go of his hand.

"Are you okay? You look really tired," he asked, looking concerned. You trace his gaze you your eyes, which you realize have some pretty bad dark circles and were maybe a little red and puffy.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I was just up late doing homework." He looks forward, but that concerned look is still on his face. You realize your mistake: no one has assigned homework last night.

Instead of waking to the courtyard, Josuke led you to the back of the school, a place few dared to venture to. A single cherry blossom tree shook in the wind, it's loose petals hitting the whitewashed concrete wall.

He set his bag down and motioned for you to set down yours. "Don't think I didn't notice you running past my house last night." Your heart skips a beat. "I wasn't doing anything too important."

"What are you doing?" You asked as He placed his curled index finger and thumb under your chin and tilted up, and looked into your eyes.

You squinted. "Josuke." He let go, and looked disappointed. "You've lost it."

"Lost what?" You asked. "Mind you, I am still somewhat sane. Somewhat." He shakes his head. "No, y/n."

"Ever since the first day I met you in homeroom, you always had a spark in your eye. Always, no matter who or what you were looking at or talking about. You had it there when you had hope. You had it there when you were happy. And it was one of the cutest things ever. At least, I thought.

Ever since Kira happened," he makes a swatting gesture when mentioning him, "you've lost it. You've lost your hope. We can't have that, can we?"

He gave you that smile. The one where the corners of his mouth just turn upwards ever so slightly, but his eyes stay sad.

"I'm sorry, it's just that, it's my fault. This could have already been solved if I had just--" you covered your eyes with both hands. Don't let him see you cry, you screamed inside your head.

He grabs both of your wrists and holds them close to his chest. "Stop saying it's your fault," he suddenly becomes serious. "It's not. You wouldn't have done it if you tried, I'm sorry to say."

You looked down. "And I'm sorry to say that you have to reassure your dumb girlfriend that's she's good enough."

"It's because she is." You look back at him. His brows furrow. "She sacrificed herself. She tried her best. She did it. Imagine if I was dating some priss who cried when she got mud on her shoes? Or what if I chose one of my fangirls?You can't imagine that. That's why you're my girlfriend. You're tough. You're strong. You're independent. You rule the town with an iron fist."

You blush, but frown. A smile traces your lips for a split second. "Josuke, stop." he shakes his head. "No. You're a true resident of Morioh." You raise an eyebrow as if to say, "oh, really?". He smiles. "Like us, you've got a heart made of gold."

He plants both of his hands on the wall behind you and presses his lips onto yours, cornering you. Although it was sudden, it was a feeling that you hadn't tasted in a while. It was pleasant.

You grabbed the lapels of his jack and pulled him closer to you, and he gladly leaned in.

The kiss lasted longer than a few seconds, or at least, it seemed to. When you finally released yourself from his grasp, he pulls you into the hug you had also been longing for.

This time, you wrap your arms around him as tight as possible. His chin rests on the top of your head. "Promise me you'll get that spark back, alright?" You nod your head.

He pats your back and laughs. "Okay, okay. You're going to crush my ribcage."  So you let go, and giggle. "Thanks." He ruffles your hair. "No problem, babe."

He says "babe" in English, which makes you laugh a little. "What?" He asks you. You shrug, and smile. "I've never heard your 'Engrish' before. It's cute."

He leans down again, and a chuckle escapes his lips that makes his chest rumble. "Is it?" He raises an eyebrow, but smiles.

Your lips are centimeters away from each other when the five-minute-warning bell rings. "Shit, we better get to class or else Shiomi will beat both our asses!" You toss him his bag as you swung your over your shoulder.

"Last one to class is a rotten egg!" He teases, running off. "No stands!"

And for once, you both run off together, laughing like idiots the entire way.
---
Thankfully, you weren't late to class. Instead of learning about the Cellular Structure, you and Josuke exchanged stupid doodles on post-it notes.

You drew a doodle of a cat sticking pencils up its nose and passed it to Josuke, and he failed to suppress a laugh. He scribbled out a vague figure with exaggerated anime eyes and wrote "that's you" on the bottom.

You smiled and placed the sticky note on your planner, so you'd see it every time you opened it. You quickly scribbled out a picture of a medical kit and drew a bunch of hearts on it, before scribbling out the words "that's your stand"  on it and placing it on Josuke's shoulder. He picked it off and looked at you, mouthing the words "I can't tell the difference!"
---
School ended, and you ran to the gates to meet Josuke again. "Jotaro wants us to meet at this address," he says, showing you a piece of paper with some numbers scribbled on it.

"That's really far away from here," you say, taking the piece of paper in your hands. "We should probably get Okuyasu and Koichi."

He looks behind him. "Huh. There they are now."

On cue, they run up behind you two and eagerly greet you. "I guess Jotaro has another big task for us," you say.

"Really?" Asks Koichi. "Let's go!!"
---
A/n

What else is there to say? Nothing, i guess.
-Mom