16 :: if you fail...

A/N
Italics - Japanese
Regular Text- English
---
"Hurry up," Josuke shouted to Okuyasu, who were running as fast as they could to the tailor's. "She said to be there as fast as possible, then she screamed and the line went dead. We gotta go faster than the speed of light!"

Their heels skidded at the tailor shop, and they both gasped - Koichi: on the floor. Bleeding. Jotaro: on the verge of death. On the floor. Bleeding. But where was Y/n?

Josuke thought, "y/n's just hiding somewhere. She'll come out in a minute." So he proceeded to help Koichi and Jotaro.

They sputtered to life. Jotaro stood up, but was silent. Koichi looked around. "Where's Y/n?!" He asked, panicked. His eyes traced to a wall, and they widened as he stared.

"What are you looking at?" Asked Josuke. A tap on his shoulder. "You might wanna see this, bro," said Okuyasu. Jotaro's eyes also traced to the wall.

Seeing y/n there reminded him of his friend.

He put his hand over his eyes, put a hand in his pocket, and did something that Jotaro Kujo hasn't done in 20 years: he cried. The memories were coming back.

But, he remember the way that y/n tried to save them both. How much of a ass he'd been to her, but she still helped. And she still got hurt.

That didn't stop the tears at all.

Ah, the irony - a girl with the stand that delivered the fate to Kakyoin receiving that fate as well.

Josuke screamed and ran over to y/n. "Oh my god! Oh god, y/n, it's gonna be okay. It's gonna be okay." His stand frantically worked on your ruined figure, and slowly, slowly, your stomach returned to normal. And you slipped out of consciousness.

You eyes open as you gasped the way someone who had just been underwater would. You pushed yourself off the wall, and immediately, Josuke ran in and hugged you like it would be the last time he'd hug you. But your arms hung limp at your sides.

You stood motionless as his arms wrapped around you and pulled you into his chest. "I'm so glad you're okay," he said, his voice beginning to crack.

You started to shake.

He let go. "W-what's wrong?"

You fell to your knees and started to cry, watching your tears fall into the pavement. Josuke kneeled down. "Y/n, you're scaring me--"

"I'm so sorry."

"What?"

"I-I'M SO SORRY!" You wailed. "I STARTED ALL OF THIS, AND I CANT EVEN---ARGH!" You beat at the ground with balled fists. "I'm so sorry. I'm so, so sorry." Your hand covered your mouth as your hair shrouded your eyes. And you cried.

Josuke stood above you, unsure of what to do. But then, there was rustling in the bushes from afar, which made everyone (but you) look in that direction.

"I think I know who that might be."
---
(Sorry, but here's another time skip)
---
You all stood in defeat. Yoshikage Kira has slipped through all your fingers like water.

Aya Tsuji: Dead. Yet another frustrating casualty.

"I guess that's it. We'll continue the search tommorrow." You could tell that Jotaro was as frustrated as you were as he walked off.

And you all split again.

As you and Josuke walked back onto the street, his hand grazed yours. You instinctively held it. Josuke opened his mouth, but no sound came out. If only he could say something to make y/n feel better.