24 :: the final piece of the puzzle (part 3)

Don't cry, but I may have changed the story a little.
---
A/N
Italics : Japanese
Regular Text : English
---
"Oh no, oh, no, oh, no, this is NOT good!" You say, running down the empty sidewalk. No one in sight. And even worse, that blue car turned the corner.

You rounded the corner, your arms already out to scoop up Hayato...but no one was on the sidewalk there, either. It seemed that everyone was just...gone.

"Huh. I could have sworn--"

That's when an earth-shattering blast echoed theough the town and made the streets rumble. A car alarm went off. Your stomach dropped to your feet as you blasted off in the direction of the sound, and the smoke billowing from a house up ahead.

You ran as fast as your legs could carry you, until you rounded the corner, and saw him.

Kira was leaning up against the wall, a phone pressed to his ear--and he seemed to be pretty physically hurt. Rage boiled up inside you as your fists tightened. "You," you growled.

He turned around slowly and smiled. "Ah, y/n. Long time no see." You frowned. "Wish I could say the same, handfucker." The world reached out and crushed the phone clean in two.

He seemed angry at first, but then he smiled again. "So, are we going to finish what we started off last time?" He asks. Readying yourself for battle, you say: "Don't be so cocky. I'll plant you into the ground."

You thought: "I can't believe I'm asking you for this, but help me out here, DIO."

"I've been doing it from the start, dear."

"THE WORLD!"

You threw a hand punch at Kira, which missed, but Killer Queen took the blunt of it. Kira was thrown across the street, and you chased after his body.

He thought fast, and punched back: which luckily, you blocked. You were feeling strangely powerful, though, you had asked DIO to help you out. You laughed as you beat mercilessly at Kira.

"This feels so good, I could almost break out into song! Haha! This is the GREATEST HIGH!"

Where did that come from? Huh.

But then, a small air bubble started flowing towards you. Kira was staring quite intently at it. You laughed. "You think your puny little air bubble can hurt me? Look, I'll just walk right through it--"

You ate your words when it exploded.

It almost ripped your clothes totally apart and burned you pretty badly, not to mention it opened some pretty bad cuts on your face and your chest. "I thought wrong..." you coughed.

"Y/n?"

You slowly turned around. Josuke, with two poles impaled almost right through him and bleeding buckets - standing there. You frowned. "You should at least say thanks. I bought you some time."

He opened his mouth to speak, when Hayato interrupted him. "Onii-chan!" He ran over to you. You smiled, and patted his head gently. "Hey there, kid. Call me y/n now, alright?"