14 :: gone without a trace (pt. 2)

Don't panic, but I might have switched the story up a little.
A/N
Italics - Japanese
Regular Text - English
---
You ran as fast as you could, but at the same time trying your hardest not to knock anyone over in the process.

You darted in and out of classrooms looking for Josuke or Okuyasu, or anyone who could help in general.

They weren't on the second floor.

You scrambled up the concrete stairs, and proceeded to fall, but you pushed yourself back up again in record time. You ran down the long corridor, and ducked your head into the very first classroom.

Thankfully, they were both in there, minding their own business. They noticed your entry by the sound of your school shoes slapping onto the laminate floor.

Josuke's eyes widened. "Woah, y/n, are you alright? You look like you just fought a deer or something--"

"No way. She probably fought a small bear for that to happen," interrupted Okuyasu.

"No, like, a deer could have done that though. She's not too badly hurt--"

"Small bear!"

"Deer!"

"That's not important!!"

They turned their heads. "We need to go help Shigechi, he's pretty badly hurt!"

Okuyasu looked at you with question in his eyes. "Hurt? Oh, he probably just got beaten up or something. We'll leave him."

"No, you don't understand," you said, slamming your hands on a desk. "There's a businessman and I'm pretty sure he's a stand user, and his stand can blow things up, and he got Shigechi! Please, you guys!"

Someone started to wiggle the door handle of the room.

But then, a small explosion. A sound similar to a firework going off emitted. You nearly jumped out of your socks.

"I've gotta go!" You cried, before turning and bolting out of the room and a little ways down the hallway.

There was no one anywhere near the door. "Ah, shit," you whispered, so no one would understand you. Glancing up at the clock, there was fifteen minutes left of free period.

Just enough for you to run around the school.
---
You heaved and set your hands on your knees as you arrived back to the classroom, your stomach at your feet.

"Oh my god, he isn't dead, is he---"

Something tapped you on the leg. You looked down, and was relieved to see it be one of Shigechi's harvest.

"Oh, hi! Please tell me you're alright," you said happily, yet nervously, kneeling down to meet its height.

It was trembling and quite hurt. It shakily took your palm and placed a bloody yellow button into your hand.

"Oh? What's this?"

It blew up.

You gasped and froze. "No, he can't be dead. He's okay. He's--"