21 :: gomennasai

Ayy this chapter involves depression so if you're not into that stuff, don't read the very, very end.
---
A/N
Italics - Japanese
Regular Text - English
---
You were minding your own business, brushing your teeth that morning when you heard your main door open. That was funny. It's really early, not even your parents would bother you at this time.

You looked out the doorway to see the door slightly cracked open. "Who's there?!" You asked through a mouth filled with toothpaste suds. You were more scared of someone seeing you in a tank top and really high shorts. Hey, it gets hot at night, okay?!

No response. Setting down your toothbrush and spitting out the suds, You went to the door and closed it, still cautious of what just happened.
---
Emerging from the bathroom about 5 or so minutes later to change. Slipping on shoes and shoving Josuke's button in the pocket of your skirt, you walked out your bedroom door and into the kitchen to grab your bag before leaving. But it wasn't there.

"Looking for this?"

You whipped around to see a man you didn't know holding your school bag. He threw it to you, and you swung it into your shoulder.

Filled with sudden fear, On sight, you summoned the world to punch him, but the moment its fist hit his body, you felt as if a huge hand had grabbed you, and you seemed to have fell over. Then, complete darkness.

Little did you know, you were a simple drawing on a piece of paper now. Another page to Terunosuke Miyamoto's book.
---
You felt that same falling feeling again and then you landed on a pad of grass. "Where am I? I mean, Where am I?" You asked yourself.

"Y/n! Are you alright?" Asked a familiar voice. The tone immediately made you know it was Koichi's. Josuke was there too, and he seemed pretty worried.

"Urgh...yeah. But what happened?" You rubbed your head. Everything was happening way too fast.

"Long story..."
---
Much later that day

During the final 15 minutes of the last class of the day, the social studies teacher had sent you down to the Home Ec room to grab a box cutter. Why do they have them in the Home Ec room? God knows.

Walking in through the doorway, Josuke seemed to be rooting for something in the fridge.

"Who's lunch are you stealing now?" You smirked, which made him whip around in fear. You laughed a little bit.

"Don't SCARE me like that!" He said frustrated, but still a little jokingly. "I'm grabbing a teacher's dinner." You rolled your eyes. "Heh, really?"

"Gimme a sec and we can walk back to class together," he said. Keeping his focus on the fridge. You leaned against a counter.

All of a sudden, you felt as if you were going to faint. And so, the world faded to black.
---
"Y/n!"

You shook your head a couple of times. "W-what happened?"

Josuke is holding one of your fists in the air: the one with a box cutter in it. His jacket is covered in rips, but thankfully, no blood. He's furious. "What do you MEAN what happened? You just tried to fucking stab me!" A pit of regret pooled in your stomach. "I-I did?"

He gives you the angriest look you've seen him to in a while. "Are you one of Kira's subordinates or something?" You shake your head. "W-what? No!"