8 :: story material

A/N
Italics - Japanese
Regular Text - English
---
"Did you just notice Koichi walk into that house or was it just me?"

Josuke, Okuyasu and you were walking to school together, which was rare. But right as you were about to call him over, Koichi just waltzed into someone's house.

"Maybe we should go check it out. We have, like, 20 minutes." Josuke started walking towards the house, and the both of you followed.

He rang the doorbell. Okuyasu looked in the window, and you picked at a piece of paint that was chipping off a beam.

Not long after, Koichi answered the door.

"Hey guys! I was just in here watching Rohan-sensei work!" Koichi rubbed the back of his neck.

"Oh, that's right," you said, "that one manga artist..." Okuyasu raised an eyebrow. "You were watching him work? Huh...I've never heard of him. How 'bout you, Josuke?"

"Nah. Never heard." Josuke shrugged. "I'm pretty sure he writes Pink Dark Boy or something," you said, ripping off the piece of paint from earlier.

"Well, we were just checking in because we were a little worried, but if everything's cool, that's cool." Josuke waved.

"D-Do you guys wanna come in and watch?" Asked Koichi, nervously. Josuke shook his head. "Nah, I get nervous around famous people." Okuyasu nodded in agreement. "Same here. I'm just glad you didn't come here to meet some chick." You smiled. "Sorry, Koichi. Maybe next time?" Koichi nodded. You said goodbye to him and walked off.

Koichi bursted through the door again. "I'll be off to school soon!" Josuke waved back at him. "Don't be late!"

Koichi closed the door. Okuyasu stopped in his tracks, silent. After a short pause, he said, "I'm gonna go in."

He bolted towards the house, and you and Josuke sighed. "We'd better go get him before he does something stupid," said Josuke. You agreed and started to walk towards the house again.

You both ran inside the house, but stopped when you heard Okuyasu scream. Josuke motioned for you to edge against the hallway that led to the room from which it came from.

Josuke turned his head. "Be very, very quie-"

"Josuke, y/n, you're there, aren't you?"

You and Josuke simultaneously tensed up. 'Shit', you thought.

"Koichi, why do you think that Josuke and y/n are hiding behind that door there?"

"B-Because they won't see your manga,"

"That's right. You're a smart boy."

The voice pause for a quick second. "Okuyasu didn't know about Heaven's Door when he came in, but now, unfortunately, Josuke and y/n do."

"Josuke and y/n are figuring out how to kill you!" Okuyasu's voice came.

The voice laughed. "Ha. Really, Josuke is deciding wether or not he should flee the mansion alone!"