3 :: ...jealous?

A/N-
Italics - Japanese
Normal Text - English
---
It was a particularly good day because it was Friday and you had one last day of work before your weekend off.

You walked out of the building door, and then heard your name not to long after. As you predicted, it was Josuke, but with someone new...

"Yo, Y/N!!" He said. You turned around and smiled. Josuke and the other guy got closer. He was about all tall as Josuke, but just had wider eyes, a scar on his face, different hair and different uniform, but if you were any farther away you'd ask if they were brothers.

"Hey, Josuke! Who's this?" You said with a smile. The guy interrupted. "I'm Okuyasu Nijimura!" He seemed really cheerful. He took your hand and shook it kind of hard, even though you never really offered it.

"I met him yesterday after he almost killed Koichi," said Josuke. You raised an eyebrow. "Killed, huh? Well, nice to meet ya anyways, Okuyasu."

You glanced at your watch, which would had decided to wear earlier. "...we should probably get going."

You all began to walk towards towards school. From behind you, you heard, "Dude, you didn't tell me she was gonna be this cute," which was probably from Okuyasu, and then you heard Josuke punching Okuyasu in the arm. You pretended not to notice although you were a little flustered.

---

Once again, school was as regular as ever, and this time around, Josuke asked you if he could borrow your eraser in first hour and asked what the answer to #3 was, which was mildly exciting.

After school, though, was more exciting because you got to go and take apart cars. You dashed to the body shop, when you heard a familiar "Hey, dork."

You smiled, knowing who the voice was. It was Eric, an American exchange student, who had also managed himself a job here. He could only work on fridays and didn't always come to work anyways, so seeing him around was nice. He was one of the only American friends you had in Japan - he was almost like a brother to you. He leaned against the wall, and ran a hand through his medium-length hair.

"What's up, asscrack," you said back, taking advantage of the insults as greetings. Eric raised an eyebrow. "Come on, you can do better than that, fucknut," he said in a baby-ish voice. You laughed. "Okay...what's good, shitface?" Eric chuckled. "Much better. Hurry up and get dressed. Boss wants us to work on some lady's motor."

So you did. You dashed out of the changing room, ready to get your hands dirty. You both walked into the garage, ready to take on what the day had in store. You almost gasped when you saw Josuke and his mom there.

"Hi there!!" Said Josuke's mom, enthusiastically. You flashed a smile at Josuke, and he gave you a lopsided smile back. "I seem to be having trouble with my motor. Mind helping?" You nodded. "We're on it, ma'am. Mind starting you car for us?" Asked Eric. Josuke's mom nodded, reached inside the car, and turned the ignition.

An ungodly screech emitted from the car, which made you all cringe. "It seems like the head of your engine might be cracked," you said. You popped open the hood of the trunk. You looked at Eric. "Hurry up and gut this thing so I don't hear the sound of the devil taking a shit anymore," you said. Eric laughed. You could have sworn out of the corner of your eye, you saw Josuke frown and mutter something to himself.

You had Josuke's mom fill out the sheet for repairs. You picked up the sheet and Eric took it from your hands. "'Kay, now start working, slacker," he said, wiping a streak of grease on your nose. You giggled, but stopped when you heard Josuke's knuckles crack. He had both of his fist balled up really hard.

Josuke and his mom left the shop not long after. "Who was that kid? He seemed upset," asked Eric. You shrugged, applying a screwdriver to one of the bolts on the car. "Yeah. I sit next to him in Science. His name's Josuke and, well, he's pretty chill." You might have blushed.

"You got situations with him?" Asked Eric, in a playful tone. You jabbed at Eric's chest with a wrench. "No. Not stop slacking and work on the car..." you said, hiding your face.
---
You scrambled to clock out at the end of the day. Eric had left an hour before you, which was okay, because you had fun with him and wouldn't miss him too much.

After changing, you left, but almost ran right into someone.

You stepped back. "Oh, hey, Josuke. What are you doing here?" You asked. He shrugged. "Oh, uh, I was just walking home because, I, uh, went to the, grocery....no, the gas station and I...was just walking home and I guess I stopped here...!" He said, smiling and rubbing the back of your head. It was quite evident that he had waited for you to get off work so he could walk home with you, just like you both did after school every once in a while. "Well, I gotta go home. Wanna come?"

Pretty soon you were both walking home. It was getting kind of awkward, walking in silence, so you spoke. "Tell me more about this Okuyasu kid," you said, keeping your eyes in front of the road. "Oh, him? He's cool, he just skips school a lot. He's in kind of a tough situation family wise right now, so I feel bad for him. He's my bro," said Josuke.

You nodded. "Also, who's the dude who was at the body shop with you?" You were silent for a second. "His name is Eric. He's just a friend." Josuke exhaled. "I think you're a better friend, though. I've known you longer," you said out of sympathy, which was a lie.

Josuke shrugged. "Eh. I thought he was your boyfriend."

"He's not. Not by a long shot."

"...thank god."

You heard what Josuke said, but said "what?" Anyways. "Uh, nothing," Josuke said quickly. You both stopped at the corner rounding your apartment.

"Well, here's my stop," you said. "See you around." Josuke smiled. "Yeah. You too..."
---
A/N-
*gasp* IM STILL ALIVE DONT WORRY

yes I know this was a short filler chapter to introduce oku to ya but I needed to put it in somewhere. More coming later, folks :)

-Mom