QUATTUOR

SEOKJIN : [ knocks on door ] jeongguk, open the door. it's me. i'm home with your stupid pizza rolls.

SEOKJIN : [ narrows his eyes in suspicion when JEONGGUK does not answer ] jeongguk, this isn't funny. open the damn door, or your blood sausages are gonna get cold and stale.

SEOKJIN : [ raps on the door harder with his knuckles ] for christ's sake, jeongguk!

[ SEOKJIN hears the fumbling of the lock from the other side of the door; he sighs in annoyance ]

JEONGGUK : [ opens the door in a hasty manner, revealing his disheveled and slightly wet hair ] i'm sorry, i was in the shower...

SEOKJIN : it's fine, i just kind of got pissed because i thought you weren't home. [ hands JEONGGUK one of the warmer bags ] here's your pork soup rice and blood sausages that i got for to-go, and... [ hands the other plastic bag to JEONGGUK'S free hand ] your stupid pizza rolls. take them.

JEONGGUK : aw, thanks, you actually bought food home. [ places the bags on the kitchen counter ] so, how's it going?

SEOKJIN : with what?

JEONGGUK : you know what i'm talking about. yoongi.

SEOKJIN : [ takes a seat at the dining table, opening the knotted plastic bag with the to-go boxes ] got no leads yet, but with the cooperation of the police officer, i think i can do it. three years, jeongguk. i need to find him. it makes me anxious not knowing what his status is. i'd love to find him alive and well, but if he really is dead... at least it'll bring me some closure... but it makes me anxious not knowing. of course, i'll never be able to forgive myself, but... ugh. [ opens the lid of the styrofoam bowl ] i just want to eat right now, sorry.

JEONGGUK : i think it's great that he's helping, though. see, i told you that you'll be able to get something out of this. anyways, when are you meeting your therapist this week?

SEOKJIN : tomorrow or the day after. it's probably marked on the calendar.

JEONGGUK : ah... i see. [ takes a seat from across SEOKJIN ] hey, push the box of blood sausages over here. they look good. thanks again.

SEOKJIN : no problem... oh, and i'm gonna be cleaning the house tomorrow morning. you'll be out, right?

JEONGGUK : [ flinches, eyes darken ] what?

SEOKJIN : i'm just gonna run the vacuum and throw out some things. keep things tidy, y'know? i don't want to spend money on a housemaid or anything.

JEONGGUK : um... you can just leave my room alone.

SEOKJIN : it's fine, i can clean it out so that you don't have to.

JEONGGUK : no, like... i just don't want anyone to come into my room. that's all. just a little privacy is what i'm asking for.

SEOKJIN : [ eyebrows crease in concern ] um... okay. i won't ask any questions.

JEONGGUK : thanks. anyways, give me my bowl of soup, please. it smells so good. [ smiles ]