SEDECIM

SEOKJIN : so... you're basically confirming that my roommate is a killer. are you?

JIMIN: i mean, think about it, seokjin. i can't think of any other instances where you'd not see the bloodstain. if you happened to get a bloody nose and your blood drips onto the floor, you'd know it's there. and you'd clean it. if you stubbed your toe against here and it happened to bleed, then you'd obviously acknowledge... if he missed a spot, then that means... [ purses his lips ] it's nothing definite, just food for thought.

SEOKJIN : [ swallows nervously ] it does make sense, yeah.

JIMIN : open his door. we really need concrete evidence in order to... i don't know, establish his identity?

SEOKJIN : i... i don't really know—

JIMIN : god, you're frustrating. we may be onto something here. there's no time to waste. worry about the status of your friendship later. is it locked?

SEOKJIN : y-you're right. um, yeah. he keeps it locked all the time, and also tells me not to go in. i don't know why. but i respect his privacy.

JIMIN : well, we're unlocking it. have a wire?

SEOKJIN : [ chuckles as he rummages through a drawer, handing a wire to JIMIN ] they teach you how to pick locks in police academy?

JIMIN : [ bends the wire, shoving it in the lock after ] nah, just something i picked up along the way. [ winks ] ah, it worked.

SEOKJIN : well, whatever you "picked up" along the way did you some good.

JIMIN : [ shrugs confidently ] yeah, i had my times. but let's go in. it's now or never, seokjin.

SEOKJIN : [ places hand over knob, but hesitates ] i'm just scared of what i'm going to find in there, that's all.

JIMIN : c'mon. don't be scared. it's natural to be afraid of the unknown, you—you want to not acknowledge it. y'know, we don't want to acknowledge the truth sometimes because we know it'll hurt us. [ puts hand on SEOKJIN'S shoulder ] but... we have to face the fact that it'll be uncovered someday. think about it—if he turns out to be a murderer, wouldn't it be nice to know and to report it before we find another body? you can save a life.

SEOKJIN : okay, yeah, i get it. i'm going in.