QUADRAGINTA

jeongguk brings out a black, sleek suitcase; upon seeing this, seokjin's head begins to throb. he gently massages his own temple, breathing heavily.

"w-what is that?"

"you'd remember," jeongguk giggles, flicking open the latches of the suitcase. "i'm just curious to as how you'll react, that's all. sit."

"what do you mean?"

jeongguk opens the suitcase, slowly and cautiously, studying seokjin's face for every twitch of the muscle, change of emotion, or the drain of color. jeongguk pulls out his glass display, containing yoongi's brittle remains inside. yoongi's face—or what's left of it—is discolored, showing off a greenish brown hue; his face remains in an eternal scream. old strings are attached to its sides as if jeongguk tried to make it into a mask. seokjin felt sick looking at it, and so he turned around, staring at the floor instead.

seokjin's color drains from his face, almost turning green. jeongguk laughs, clearly amused; he slides the box towards seokjin. seokjin turns away even further, being unable to look at what lies inside the box. he gags, pushing the box back to jeongguk with the pads of his fingers.

"is that yoongi?" seokjin asks quietly. "what did you do?"

"what did i do?" jeongguk reiterates, smiling devilishly. "isn't it clear? i took his face off. y'know, i wore it for some time. it really made me feel like yoongi."

"what did yoongi ever do to you? he didn't deserve this."

"yoongi saved my life—well, i suppose, jeongguk's life—a few years back. i'm sure he's talked about it before. jeongguk really looked up to him, he really did. guess who took advantage of that?" jeongguk says in a sing-song voice. "i did."

"you're sick."

"tell me something i don't know, seokjin." jeongguk pauses. "but, enough about me, i suppose. seokjin, look at yoongi's face. what do you remember?"

seokjin frowns at him, confused. "what do you mean, what do i remember? i don't want to look at him, not like this. i just remember him not returning my texts, and—"

he suddenly stops, sharply lowering his head out of a sudden headache. he grasps his head with both his hands, clenching at his hair out of pain. jeongguk merely chuckles, putting the display box back inside his suitcase. seokjin is unable to think with this overwhelming pain spreading throughout his head. he breathes heavily, shutting his eyes closed.

"anything coming back?" jeongguk asks slowly, with a smile in his voice.

seokjin's breath hitches in his throat, all energy leaving him like water draining into the sewers. seokjin looks up at jeongguk, his face showing a contortion of pain, realization, and inquiry.

"did i kill yoongi?"

···

[ a / n ]
hi idk if y'all like the regular chapter format or scripted format of writing or if you have no preference, so a little feedback would be nice ! i'm just planning on how to write 'organ donor', that is all ! :) also,,, not very happy with how i organized the plot and everything in the last few chapters of the book but what can i do :') also ! 'organ donor' is planned to be published on february 19th ! stay hyped my dudes. + sorry this update is so short ! i'm super busy and ugh.