DUODEQUADRAGINTA

[ JEONGGUK turns around, smiling a bit at SEOKJIN; SEOKJIN feels as if JEONGGUK'S smile is conveying an amused and smug emotion, which he does not like. ]

JEONGGUK : talk? about what? seokjin, i paid my share of the rent this time. you don't have to cover for me anymore. if that's the issue, i thought we were over it.

SEOKJIN : [ purses his lips ] no. that's not the issue, jeongguk, and i think we both know that. aren't you going to ask me how long i've been sitting here? [ crosses his legs ] because i've been here for a while. are you catching my drift? these walls aren't soundproof, you know.

JEONGGUK : [ smiles, feigning innocence ] i don't know what you're talking about, seokjin.

SEOKJIN : listen. i'm not scared of you, because all i know is that jeongguk—the one i know—is still in there somewhere. you've changed, jeongguk; and this kind of change needs medical help.

JEONGGUK : [ his smile dissipates after he takes in a sharp breath, his tone changing ] stop beating around the bush. get to the point.

SEOKJIN : i know about your condition, jeongguk. we should get professional help for it.

JEONGGUK : [ bursts out in hysterical laughter ] y-you think you understand me? that's pretty fucking funny, seokjin. don't sympathize with me, you piece of shit. [ sighs angrily, grabbing his black hoodie that was hanging over the back of a chair ] i'm out of here. [ begins to head out to the front door, putting on his shoes ]

SEOKJIN : [ panics ] i—i know that you're a murderer. [ bites his bottom lip out of fear and panic, for he had said something he did not mean to say in the heat of the situation ] and i—i'd like to stay at a friend's house. that's what i wanted to say.

JEONGGUK : [ stops, slowly turning his head around to meet SEOKJIN'S eyes ] what? what did you say?

SEOKJIN : uh—i—um. [ fiddles with his sweaty thumbs ] i—i was in your room. and—and i saw the corpse. the one... the one that was wrapped in plastic. and just a few minutes ago, i, uh, heard... [ swallows nervously ]

JEONGGUK : [ he takes off his shoes, storming towards a very frightened SEOKJIN; he slams the table in front of him, leaning near SEOKJIN ] heard what? [ smirks at SEOKJIN'S pale face, as blood rushed out from his cheeks, with his dry lips parted in panic; JEONGGUK stared a bit more before laughing ] well, that girl, she was my favorite, placing second only after someone i knew. i wanted to spend a little more time with her. [ smiles ]

SEOKJIN : [ stutters ] w-what?

JEONGGUK : you're cute, seokjin. [ gets up from his initial position ] but you should've just let me leave.

SEOKJIN : [ eyes widen ] what are you doing?

JEONGGUK : [ pulls out a pocketknife from his pocket, waving the blade in front of SEOKJIN ] subduing you, that's what. [ smiles innocently ] sit tight, seokjin. try not to wet yourself.

···

[ a / n ]
shit ! seokjin is in deep shit. also, so am i, because i have been lacking productivity the past few days LOL + sorry for the lack of updates as well ! school has been up my ass and life sucks. but anyways ! thank you guys for 50K+ reads and 7K votes on this book & always thankful for y'all's undying support <3 (i hope you've been enjoying the frequent updates recently as well haha)