SEPTEMDECIM

SEOKJIN : ...it's clean. it's so clean. unbelievable. son of a bitch. he makes such a mess everywhere else and makes me

JIMIN : dude, calm down. we're only interested in anything suspicious, not how is room is so clean. get your head in the game.

SEOKJIN : but—

JIMIN : c'mon. but don't touch anything yet. [ inspects the room with a suspicious eye, pulling out two sets of latex gloves from his back pocket, putting a pair of the gloves on his own hands ] just in case we find anything, we can't have any evidence pointing to you. being his roommate is already enough to raise suspicion. here, put these on. [ throws a pair of gloves to SEOKJIN ]

SEOKJIN : thanks. [ pulls the latex gloves over his hands ] find anything yet? [ looks around, sniffles a bit ] smells like heavy cologne, like he spilled it in here or something. and everything is so... white. white wallpaper. white furniture. white sheets... thought black was his favorite color. the boy wears nothing but black.

JIMIN : [ drags a finger along JEONGGUK'S desk ] no dust. his room has been taken care of regularly. everything is so put away. the file folders look really neat. there's several pen holders, and his pens are organized by color. interesting. mind if i take some pictures to take back to the station to evaluate?

SEOKJIN : not at all. [ scans around the room as JIMIN begins to take pictures on his phone ] that's weird. he's really not this organized. i've known him for some time, and... huh. [ rests his palm against the wall ] when did he put up new wallpaper?

JIMIN : new wallpaper? 

SEOKJIN : yeah, i—i remember his room being blue. he... he wanted blue wallpaper for his room when he decided to move into the guest room. now, unless i'm going crazy, i'm so sure that that's what we agreed on. 

JIMIN : so you're saying he papered this whole room up when you weren't there?

SEOKJIN : i'm merely saying it's a possibility.

JIMIN : interesting. now, why would he do that?

SEOKJIN : don't know, police officer. that's why you're here, i suppose. [ smirks ] but it is interesting... if he were to commit a crime in his room, or at least hide something, it would be less efficient to have white wallpaper. why not black?

JIMIN : hm, you're right. i'm not sure... find anything else? maybe we have answers for those.

SEOKJIN : i don't know. nothing significant. [ eyes trail over to JEONGGUK'S walk-in closet next to his bathroom ] we'll find out soon enough.

JIMIN : i'll take the bathroom, you look inside his closet, okay? we'll cover faster ground if we split up the labor. call me over if you find anything interesting.

SEOKJIN : okay. [ pauses, his hand hovering over the knob of the closet ] wait. did you hear that?

JIMIN : hm?

SEOKJIN : [ begins walking towards the door ] shit. someone is trying to get into the house. i hear the number keypad—god, it's probably jeongguk. [ whispers ] quick—hide. i'll lock his room behind me.

···

[ a / n ]
i had to go back and read doppelganger and the beginning of vox diabolus because it's been so long since i've worked with this plot and forgot everything LOL and y'all's comments crack me tf up i love y'all