QUINQUAGINTA

+ AFTERMATH 02 .

JEONGGUK : [ dials a number, begins speaking when the other end picks up ] hey. you got a moment?

??? : yeah. what for?

JEONGGUK : i was wondering if you wanted to go drinking. [ pauses ] or something. whatever it is, it's on me. how does that sound?

??? : [ chuckles ] sure. i'm in town anyways. i'll meet you in a few. where are you right now?

JEONGGUK : i'm outside of our favorite bar. figured i shouldn't start without you. [ laughs ]

??? : [ sarcastically ] jeon jeongguk, what a considerate man. i'm actually in that area. give me a minute.

JEONGGUK : only one? [ snickers ]

??? : look behind you.

JEONGGUK : [ lowers his phone and turns around, slightly jumping out of surprise before giving a toothy grin ] namjoon!

NAMJOON : did you miss me that much to call me up for a drink? [ chuckles ] it's been a long time since i've seen you, kiddo. i was almost tired of hearing your voice because i couldn't put it to a face. i almost forgot what you looked like.

JEONGGUK : well, take a good, long look now... or take a picture, whatever works. [ laughs heartily ]

NAMJOON : [ sniffs ] you smell like bleach. weirdo.

JEONGGUK : hey. [ shrugs ] i did some cleaning. there's nothing weird about that.

NAMJOON : i suppose. anyways, did you hear about that?

JEONGGUK : about what? [ opens the door to the bar, letting NAMJOON in first ]

NAMJOON : [ walks in, turns his head to speak to JEONGGUK ] y'know. seokjin.

JEONGGUK : oh. [ snorts ] of course. i set up the whole thing. [ smiles widely ]

NAMJOON : [ laughs, but has a nervous tinge to it ] gosh. jeongguk, you're so smart that you scare me sometimes. [ pauses ] or was it all aiden? [ laughs for good measure ]

JEONGGUK : aiden did help me a bit. speaking of, he's actually been quiet for a while. maybe he'll leave soon. [ shrugs ] i don't know.

NAMJOON : he should. you've had such a hard time controlling him. it took you a while, but what can you not do? [ sits at the counter, turns to speak to the bartender ] i'll have the usual.

JEONGGUK : uh, just water, please. [ smiles at the bartender ] anyways... i think he's stopped being so angry all the time, to my relief. not that i really minded it. [ laughs ]

NAMJOON : you didn't mind it? [ chuckles ] that's a first. when you first contacted me regarding aiden, you were freaking the fuck out. i still remember that. [ laughs ] you were nearly screaming into the phone.

JEONGGUK : hey. [ laughs, hitting NAMJOON on the arm lightly, pretending to be offended ] you've never had a spirit of your dead friend try to fuck with your brain. [ says a brief 'thank you' to the bartender who slides a cup of iced water over to him ] you definitely do not know what that feels like.

NAMJOON : [ says 'thank you' to the bartender after receiving his drink, then turns and laughs ] you're right. anyways, seokjin never contacted me, if you wanted to know.

JEONGGUK : [ raises an eyebrow ] he hadn't? interesting. i guess i asked you for a favor for nothing.

NAMJOON : nah, that's fine. it only took, like, twenty minutes to earn his trust. [ chuckles ] besides, i wasn't even busy that day.

JEONGGUK : i suppose. [ takes a sip of his water ] thanks anyways. i had to take safety precautions, you know? i had to make sure he wouldn't say anything stupid.

NAMJOON : i guess. so what are you going to do now?

JEONGGUK : [ stirs his straw lazily in his drink ] i don't know. i kind of want to have some time for myself. maybe i'll go to japan. england. the states, maybe? who knows? [ chuckles ] i think my business is finished here, unless aiden doesn't think so.

NAMJOON : yeah? how's aiden doing? [ sips his drink ]

JEONGGUK : [ taps on his head ] he says he's doing fine. he's gotten less talkative, which, thank god, because that means less headaches.

NAMJOON : i suppose you're right. [ checks his watch ] ah. it's late. i have to be up early tomorrow for a scheduled event, so i'll catch you later if that's okay? [ gets up from his stool, pulling out a generous amount in cash and placing it under his empty cup ]

JEONGGUK : alright. i should get going soon, as well. so, i'll see you around. [ waves ]

NAMJOON : [ gets ready to leave ] oh, jeongguk?

JEONGGUK : yeah?

NAMJOON : did you ever find out what happened to yoongi?

JEONGGUK : [ hesitates and clenches his teeth tightly, giving NAMJOON a wistful smile ] no.

NAMJOON : huh. [ pauses, clicking his tongue in disappointment ] okay. bye. it was nice seeing you. [ smiles briefly at the bartender and JEONGGUK before leaving through the doors ] see you later, maybe.

JEONGGUK : yeah! definitely. [ quietly ] say, aiden, do you think it's worth to kill a celebrity? a friend? [ pauses ] yeah? for the thrill of it, you know?

···

[ a / n ]
i'm the one writing this and i feel so betrayed by namjoon & i've left y'all dry for three months and i am SO sorry! things got super busy for me and :/// thanks for putting up with me, though! i really do appreciate you guys <3
(p.s. ; i also have a lot of explaining to do so don't expect this book to end for a bit ! in addition, i've finally updated 'PROPHECIES' after way over a year so check it out y'all ! i'm also very late on the release of organ donor but i'll work diligently !!! love you guys so much !)