QUATTUORDECIM

outgoing call to JIMIN !

dialing . . .

dialing . . .

dialing . . .

JIMIN : hello?

SEOKJIN : [ in a hushed whisper ] jimin! thank god, i thought you wouldn't pick up.

JIMIN : ha, that's funny. i was about to call you, too. what's new? and why are you talking like that? you seem a bit out of breath... are you okay?

SEOKJIN : yeah, i'm okay, but just in case my roommate hadn't left yet... [ hesitates ] so... you know how you kind of thought my roommate was suspicious? with the train tickets and all? being on the wrong date, or whatever...

JIMIN : oh, yes, of course. [ pauses ] what about it?

SEOKJIN : [ swallows nervously ] well, the thing is, he's been acting kind of suspicious lately. like, specifically, around me. the atmosphere nowadays is super tense when he and i talk. it's kinda weird... it's almost as if he's hiding something from me, but what? what could it be?

JIMIN : ...you really think it wasn't him who had something to do with yoongi's disappearance?

SEOKJIN : i... i thought not, but... i keep having doubts. oh, and also, he won't let me into his room at all. don't you think it's kinda strange? i mean, at first, i was like, oh, i guess he doesn't like people looking at his personal belongings. maybe he has like, a stash of drugs? illegal shit? porn? under his bed or whatnot. maybe he's a famous drug dealer and i'm the only one who doesn't know.

JIMIN : [ stifles a chuckle ] um... i think it's safe to assume he's just hiding something important from you.

SEOKJIN : okay, okay. i'm not getting too ahead of myself, then?

JIMIN : ...no? [ laughs softly ]

SEOKJIN : okay, so, if you have the time right now, could you come to my house? i'll give you the address through text, but i really need to figure this out.

JIMIN : sure, i'll drop by. i'm not busy right now.

SEOKJIN : wait, why did you want to call? did you find something?

JIMIN : ...something like that. i'll explain when i get there. i'm going to hang up now. see you. don't forget to send me your address!

JIMIN : [ CALL ENDED : 3:57 ]

...

[a/n]
y'all the last time i updated was 3 months and 20 days ago literally please forgive the heck outta me but i was hecking busy and i still am but whatever i don't wanna study lol anyways this chapter was completed in my drafts so imma just publish it as how it is (super dry sorry my bbys) but i honestly gotta read my book again to see what the heck is going on !!!!! anyways i love all y'all <33333 hopefully i didn't become irrelevant in y'all's lives after like 4 months of inactivity </3 missed u guyzzz