VIGINTI SEX

SESSION NINETY-NINE
CLIENT : KIM SEOKJIN
NOW RECORDING ... 00:00:01

DR. JUNG : good morning, seokjin. how are you on this fine day?

SEOKJIN : um... i want to say i'm good and all, but... it's not the case.

DR. JUNG : oh, feel free to talk to me about whatever you'd like! that's what i'm here to do. [ gives SEOKJIN a soft smile ]

SEOKJIN : so... you know how i'm having troubles with my memory? especially around the time when my friend disappeared?

DR. JUNG : um... yeah! i believe it was the primary focus of our sessions.

SEOKJIN : i don't know about you, but i really want to recover all of those memories. all of it. 

DR. JUNG : well, i want to help you get there. i'm glad you're finally taking initiative. so, let's hear it. have you recovered any so far?

SEOKJIN : um... i kind of have... questions that i feel like i need to ask. like, it feels as if my sub-consciousness is pushing me to do so. it's like a gut feeling, you know?

DR. JUNG : i understand. is there anything i can answer for you?

SEOKJIN : what's your first name?

DR. JUNG : it's hoseok.

SEOKJIN : [ murmurs ] hoseok... hoseok... it's sounds so familiar. [ clenches head in his hands, as he was in sudden pain ] god, it—it hurts. have we... met before? before our therapy sessions?

HOSEOK : uh... i don't believe we have, actually. not in person, anyway...

SEOKJIN : w-what do you mean?

HOSEOK : um... listen. these recordings are confidential in my records and i hope you'll keep this between the two of us.

SEOKJIN : yeah. i will. what is it? is it vital to helping me find my memories?

HOSEOK : it—it may.

SEOKJIN : what is it? tell me. please. it's so important to me.

HOSEOK : [ hesitates ] this... friend of yours, i... knew him.

SEOKJIN : [ suddenly stands up, his expression a mixture of confusion, betrayal, and anger ] you knew yoongi?

HOSEOK : y-yes, we weren't very close, but—

SEOKJIN : [ scoffs ] you decide to tell me this now? on our, what, ninety-ninth session? ninety nine fucking weeks, dr. jung. [ rubs the sides of his head with both his hands ]

HOSEOK : hey

SEOKJIN : [ he lifts head up from his hands, his hands falling to his side powerlessly; the focus in his eyes is lost as he stares at HOSEOK ] where were you when he was killed?

HOSEOK : w-what? what did you say?

SEOKJIN : [ snaps out of his stance ] holy shit. what did i just say? i—i blacked out. or something. [ stumbles ] god—i'm so dizzy.

HOSEOK : you said—you, you said—you don't remember what you said? [ pauses, before clearing his throat and regaining his composure ] ah. i'm sorry. i don't mean to freak you out like that. don't... don't worry about it.

SEOKJIN : but—but i need to know what i said. i blanked out.

HOSEOK : [ hesitates ] you said something about why i wasn't there when he was killed.

SEOKJIN : [ frowns ] he? who's 'he'? yoongi?

HOSEOK : i—i don't know. you didn't specify.

SEOKJIN : [ lips part, eyes trailing downwards ] i don't know what's happening anymore. all i wanted to was to recover my memories...

HOSEOK : hey... [ takes a deep breath, speaking firmly ] maybe it's because you saw something? i believe you're repressing this memory. maybe you saw something that you didn't want to see? i'm not sure, but i think it's the best speculation i can make, given the circumstances.

SEOKJIN : what i saw? i don't remember... i don't remember anything.

HOSEOK : hey, don't push yourself. let's... let's talk about something else. it'll help calm you down. if you have any questions, just give me a call, okay? i'm available anytime. if i'm busy, i'll let you know.

SEOKJIN : [ smiles ] thanks, dr. jung. anyways, uh, i met this guy earlier this week. an old friend of yoongi's...

···

HOSEOK : this is dr. jung on the ninety-ninth session for kim seokjin. um, thank you for your time, seokjin. i'll see you next week... i believe?

SEOKJIN : yeah. [ pauses ] thank you, as always.

RECORDING COMPLETE ... 01:13:02

···

[ a / n ]
boop ily all (last chapter was lowkey dry as hell so double update bc i do love y'all !) <3 also i read all of your comments and god your theories are all too good and you guys are too funny ! :') i have the best readers in the world omg. i also recently started re-reading 'purgatory' (my own book, ik) for the comments and they'RE SO FUNNY IT WAS MEANT TO BE A REALLY SERIOUS BOOK BUT AHAHAHA i can't you guys gave the 'unknown' the name 'mr. tea' and i cried omf i really do love you guys