DECEM

SEOKJIN : hey, jimin. i brought a cheeseburger and a burger set because i didn't know what you wanted. take whichever. i eat anything, so... also, take your pick between coke and sprite.

JIMIN : [ laughs ] thanks. i'll take the burger meal with sprite, if you don't mind.

SEOKJIN : [ hands JIMIN one of the to-go bags ] anyways, what'd you want to see me for?

JIMIN : ah, that. [ JIMIN takes a big bite of his burger, opening the srcond file drawer behind his desk after putting his burger down ] i found some things, and i began to piece together a story based on what you've told me... you told me you lost a part of your memory, right? maybe that's significant. what would give you such a trauma that you forget parts of your memory?

SEOKJIN : [ takes a sip of his coke ] um... i don't know how to answer that, but okay.

JIMIN : okay, well. [ pulls out a folder, opens it up; reveals documents, scribbled notes, pictures, etc. regarding yoongi's case ] so, you told me that your roommate, jeongguk, went missing the day that you didn't receive any communication back from yoongi?

SEOKJIN : well, yes, but i'm certain that it's not him... he said he left for busan because his mother was feeling ill. i got a call from him right away... or at least from what my broken memory tells me. he was there for at least a month, and i know that for sure. i'm not sure what yoongi was doing that night, but... if he was dead, don't you think his corpse might've surfaced somewhere?

JIMIN : hm. you said jeongguk left when?

SEOKJIN : the day of. i know it sounds sketchy, but he was actually at busan. he sent me pictures.

JIMIN : huh. the day that your friend went missing. when was that? from our records, it was early april, right?

SEOKJIN : i remember it... it was april fourth three years ago.

JIMIN : did he take the route by train?

SEOKJIN : yes.

JIMIN : well... seokjin, i'm sorry to break the news to you, but i'm suspecting that your roommate might be the culprit. [ pulls out a stack of printed paper ] the train was pretty expected, so i brought up records of all the train stations leaving seoul to busan in the first week of april, and your roommate's name wasn't on the list for april fourth. it was recorded that he left seoul on april seventh.

SEOKJIN : the... seventh?