VIGINTI UNUS

INCOMING CALL FROM JIMIN !
ACCEPT | DECLINE

SEOKJIN : [ turns the phone away, talks to NAMJOON ] sorry, namjoon. this is an important call i need to take.

NAMJOON : sure! take your time. i'm not going anywhere. [ sips his iced americano ]

SEOKJIN : [ begins talking to JIMIN ] hello?

JIMIN : seokjin? where are you?

SEOKJIN : a nearby cafe. meeting an... [ glances over at NAMJOON ] ...old friend of mine.

JIMIN : oh. anyways, i'd like you to be back soon. i think i found something, but i'm not sure if i can uncover this by myself. 

SEOKJIN : uncover...? you're not talking about the...uh, [ whispers ] body, are you?

JIMIN : no, no, the most i'll do with the body is to take a dna sample, but nothing more. i can't uncover a corpse in his room right now. it's the reason his room smells so heavily of cologne—he's using it to mask the scent of bleach, which is masking the scent of the corpse. uncovering it will do no good. anyways... on your way back, can you buy some white wallpaper? or paint? something? or double sided tape—that'll be good. 

SEOKJIN : are you planning to remove the wallpaper? for what?

JIMIN : you'll see. just call me when you're heading back.

SEOKJIN : will do. we have a few more hours to spare.

JIMIN : [ CALL ENDED : 3:17 ]

SEOKJIN : [ turns to NAMJOON ] i'm really sorry, but i need to go. something important came up.

NAMJOON : ah, yeah, no problem. i hope i see you again soon. if my schedule allows it, of course. [ chuckles ]

SEOKJIN : yeah, i'll—i'll also pay you back for the coffee.

NAMJOON : no, there's no need. that one's on me. however... you can pay me back by finding out who did this to yoongi. he was—he was very troubled.

SEOKJIN : [ frowns ] troubled? did you—did you know about the... uh, [ lowers voice ] the killer? the one that dressed just like him?

NAMJOON : y-yeah. i wish i could've done more. i couldn't see him—i was supposed to be there for him the day he went missing, but... [ sighs ] it's not easy being an idol. i told him i'd go to him, and i bought my train ticket and everything, but i had to tell him i couldn't make it. i regret it. i should've just called in sick.

SEOKJIN : [ clicks his tongue ] that's a shame... but hey, it's not your fault. you're a good person. you tried to be there for him. heck, i have regrets of my own, too.

NAMJOON : [ gives SEOKJIN a half-smile ] i suppose you're right. have a good day. i should be on my way as well.