chapter three

Pacing impatiently in her study,Gina awaited for Mr Richard head of finance and Mrs Nelson head of PR to arrive. She grew more impatient as the clock ticked. Just as she was about to make another call,one of the house helps ushered in her guests and left closing the door behind her.

"Lady and gentleman please take your seats." She gestured at the black leather swivel chairs in front of her relatively huge desk. "My mother lands tomorrow, I don't think we want to know what she will do if she finds matters in the disarray state in which they are in." She said leaning on the desk, intertwining her slender manicured fingers.

"Ma'am, abruptly stopping the expansion will be disastrous,we have invested highly on this project and_"

Mr Richard was interrupted by Gina's tossing of hands in the air. "I know the problems at hand Mr Richard, I know the puzzle. What I need are solutions, answers. You are paid to deliver excellent answers." She lectured them giving them hard glares, the expression known too well by her employees. "I want to have a reason to believe I hired the best." She added through clenched jaws and greeted teeth.

"I have called our Marketing people in Asia. A plan is in motion ma'am,they are working on a campaign that with the PR people to back: is going to bring positive results." Mrs Nelson informed clearly intimidated by the hard glare her hard to impress boss wore.

Gina let out a sigh as she stood up, straightening the crinkle on her green pencil dress. "Progress reports should be on my desk by end of the week,impress me please, impress me." She shook their hands with a soft yet so firm grip. She showed them to the door before turning to the hallway leading to her sister's room.

She knocked softly. When no response came forth, she slowly pushed the door open, her head peeking first then the rest of her body squeezed in through the small space she had opened. The sight before her made her lips curl into a small smile. Gwen lay sprawled on her bed, her head crowned in huge, pink headphones that she could have sworn were booming with some notorious hip-hop, a huge economics book covered her face with its back covered in minions.

How she read in such a position and loud, brain-wrecking music was still a mystery to Gina. Tapping on her shoulder, Gina sat down on her sister's bed.

Gwen removed the headphones from her head and put them away together with her book. "What?" Gwen spat.

"Am sorry sis for_ well for not allowing you come see me." She said with a childish tone that they only used with each other to manipulate the other's forgiveness.

After a long silent and Gina almost giving up, Gwen began. "Okay,on one condition." she paused long enough to be certain her sister was listening. "You will take me as an intern!" She enthused. This was her only way to get into Marshall and Marshall for internship. Gina had been against it since Gwen suggested it and now she had no doubt she would land herself the opportunity.

"Manipulative, aren't we Miss Gwen Marshall?" She mused quirking a brow.

"It runs in the family, doesn't it Miss Gina Marshall?" Gwen mimicked.

"Sure it does, you will get that interning chance young lady but better not be delusional about special treatment." She informed with a serious tone, as if she was closing a million dollar deal with a business partner.

Gwen knew her sister well enough to know she was not bluffing. She slowly nodded her head. She would endure her sister's attitude at work because she knew there was no better mentor than her.
Gina rubbed the younger woman's knuckles with her thumb. Bidding her goodnight, she walked to the door. But before she walked out, Gwen called.

"Gina! I_ " she knew she should not complete that so she corrected herself. "Thank you." she finished with a smile.

Gina smiled back and swiftly left her baby sister's room. She wanted to tell her it was okay to say she loved her but decided against it and walked to her own room head held high like the emotionless god she had become.

I have been dropping hints and Gina's tough,hardened attitude will make sense as you read.
Enjoy and please tell me what you think by commenting and voting