chapter eleven

Gina sat behind her desk looking into some documents, her head felt dizzy and her eyelids were heavy with dark circles under them. She had covered it up with  layers of make up then covered her bloodshot eyes with huge sunglasses. She looked more intimidating than usual but she had done it to conceal her obviously depressing state.

She had not left her office since she arrived. Besides feeling tired and worn out, she was constraining herself from getting her hands on one Casanova's neck that she wanted to wring so badly.

How dare he! How could he lay his filthy hands on her? Why did her traitorous body love every moment of it? Wasn't she supposed to have passed that phase in her life? The phase where a man's touch rendered her weak! She felt the pent up anger from the previous night   resurface. Her nose flared up with the same anger and bitterness she had tried so hard to ignore for four years now.

"Do you Bernard Murray take Gina Marshall to be your lawful wedded wife to love and_ "

"Stop it!" Gina screamed her hands on her head.

"Benny come on, you've milked the spoilt brat enough!"

"No!" She shot up her chair causing it to fall.

"Benny who is she?"

"G, Liz is my girlfriend, I can't marry you. I'm sorry, I wanted the money to take us both through college."

"Stop it! I don't want to hear it!"
She threw over the things on her desk.

"Ma'am!" Cindy rushed in to find Gina throwing over the guest chairs across her desk.

"Hahaha! That's what you get for being a spoilt rich bitch!"

"Get out! I promise I will make you pay! I promise!" Gina yelled losing it.

Cindy rushed off to call Vanda who didn't hesitate knowing too well that her friend didn't act like that unless the memories came flooding back.

"G." Vanda whispered as she entered to the office that now looked like hell.

"I'm going to make them pay! All of them!" Gina screamed through gritted teeth.

"Yes G, yes you will make them pay, I will help you alright, calm down G." Vanda cooed stepping loser to the other woman whose hair was now a mess, eyes beet red and murderous as she had been the day she_ Oh God the bastard and his mistress.

She walked closer, careful in case the deranged woman hurt her unintentionally.

"Cindy get the company's nurse will you?" She ordered her eyes not leaving Gina. Cindy hurriedly did as ordered.

Vanda was still trying to coerce Gina when the door pushed open. A male figure entered and Gina went over the edge.

"What th_"

"You monster! You animal! How could you?! I will make you pay so badly, you and your whore!"

The woman was hysterical, Eddie figured that out. He managed to grasp her hands, locking her in an embrace so she'd stop kicking. The woman would not let up. She punched his nose hard. Damn! The woman could hit.

"Don't let go of her Eddie, she'll hurt herself." Vanda begged on the verge of tears.

"Never." Muttered Eddie, more determined to protect her than stop her hysteria.

The nurse walked in with the boss's doctor. She knew she wouldn't have any other. The doctor greeted while galvanizing in to action. With a syringe in tow, doctor maneuvered to Gina who was still in Eddie's arms.

"What is that!" Eddie barked blocking Gina's body from the doctor.

"I'm going to have to sedate her." Dr Raphael said.

"Move over Eddie." Vanda instructed.

Reluctantly, Eddie moved but he did not let go of Gina. Dr Raphael injected her, then lifting her eyelids forcing them to open, he shook his head.

"Doctor what's wrong?" Vanda asked panicking.

"She needs rest Vanda, she's wearing out her body and drinking_"

"Doctor, Gina quit drinking, not in the way she used_" she paused letting out a sigh remembering they had company. "Cindy tell Daniel to get the car we are going to Gina's. You may leave now Lucy." she told the company's nurse. She wanted to dismiss Eddie but one look at him told her he wouldn't barge. Besides, the man held Gina in his arms rocking her gently, like he owned her.

"Thank you doctor for your time, I will make sure Gina is perfectly fine, kindly let this remain here, not a word to the senior Marshall." Vanda instructed with a smile.

"Of course Vanda." The doctor agreed nodding. He shook Vanda's hand and gave Eddie a curt not before leaving.

"Alright, since you already have her there, she could use a lift to her car." Vanda said icily before walking ahead opening the door.

***

Eddie placed her on the black queen size bed he assumed was hers. For some reason he held her tightly against himself even after Vanda's endless protests. He knew Gina was a strong woman so he figured whatever may have shaken her that much, must have been horrible.

He gently covered her with the grey silk duvet. The woman was different in every way, he finally registered. From her dull decor to the way she carried herself and her business. He subconsciously brushed a hair strand from her face. She breathed evenly and gently, and he couldn't help but be enchanted by the heaving of her breasts.

What he would give to caress them, appreciate them with soft kisses, nibbling and sucking their nubs until she moaned in ecstasy. The other night he'd caught her off guard when he'd kissed her breathless, after she'd slapped him and walked away, he had gone home hot and bothered. He'd had a hard time concealing his hard on.

That morning he'd intended to piss her off some more so that he'd kiss her again because he was certain the woman wasn't capable of biting her tongue. He smiled at the thought of her calling him a filthy Casanova and yet being so responsive to his punishing kiss.

"Stop acting like she's your girlfriend, get out we need to talk." Vanda interrupted his thoughts.

"What's wrong with you?" Eddie questioned wondering.

"Follow me." Vanda said baldly.

Eddie followed after one more glance at the goddess tranquil on the bed.

"Okay, what did you do to her?" Vanda demanded as soon as Eddie joined her in Gina's study.

"What_"

"Last night! When you followed her, what did you do to her?!" Vanda reiterated angrily.

"Birds of a feather huh?" Eddie stated with a smirk.

Vanda was sure she would shoot him if he did what she was thinking. "Eddie Raymond, for the last time, what did you do to Gina?" She asked through gritted teeth. "Did you touch her?"

"I did not hurt her Vanda. I promise." Eddie said passing the kiss as harmless. "I just kissed her." He added nonchalantly.

"What! Are you insane?! Why did you do that?! Does she look like some cheap woman?!" She yelled at a amused Eddie.

"Look Vanda_"

"No you look, before you go parading your shameless ways to everyone, count G out. If not I promise, I'll kill you."
She vented.

"Vanda I _ "

"Get out." She interrupted through gritted teeth pointing towards the door.

Eddie gauged her expression and decided there wasn't anyway they'd converse like civilized adults. Sighing with resignation, he walked away.

So much for a kiss huh? Tell me what you think so far.
Thanks for reading.