chapter fifty

It was well into midnight when they woke up from sleeping off their exhaustion. She felt seriously sore but couldn't bring herself to complain. The man would only overreact and expel their markings until she gave birth or never again. Besides, the pleasure was worth the little pain.

They were horrible hosts for abandoning their guests like that but she was certain Vanda, Sue and Gwen handled everything perfectly. She stifled a giggle at just how childish they always got without rethinking repercussions.
She reluctantly disentangled herself from Eddie to go to the bathroom. She'd barely reached the bathroom door when she heard him cuss out loud. She spun around awkwardly.

He looked crazed, angry and remorseful simultaneously. "Why didn't you tell me?"

She forced her feet steady and plastered a smile on her face. "Tell you what?"

Eddie threw the sheets away and approached her with predatory strides. He began to inspect her body with an expression as sore as her body. He stared sadly at the prints of his hands on every part he'd gripped too hard. Her upper arms, thighs, wrists, neck. There were love bites on her breasts and shoulders. He'd been so caught up in the throes of passion he forgot she was his beautiful love. He forgot she was pregnant. Christ, what was wrong with him? She was pregnant with his baby! He'd hurt her so much she could barely walk. She was smiling to put up a front for the pain he had caused her. He'd never intended to hurt her. He'd never hurt her. The lump developing in his throat intensified and his eyes dilated.

"I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry, I swear I didn't mean to." He dropped the bruised wrists and smoothed his tousled hair. "The baby? Can you feel it? Did I hurt him too?" His blabber continued through Gina's failed attempts to reassure him. He grabbed the phone from the nightstand and began punching numbers on it.

Gina eyed him incredulously. "What are you doing?"

"Calling the doctor." He muttered still on his phone.

She rushed over to him and snatched it from his hands. Pressing the hanging up button, she tossed it on the bed. "Stop." She cupped his chiseled jaws. "I'm fine, baby is fine. I'm just a little sore but that's it." She placed a ghostly kiss on his lips. "I'm absolutely fine. I would have told you if you were hurting me but you were not. You were making wild love to me and we got carried away. Okay?"

He nodded frantically as relief washed over his tensed body. He eyed her adoringly earning himself a wide grin. "We should shower and get you and baby food. The guests must have left already."

"That was my plan before you went all hysterical." She said bumping her naked hip to his thigh.

He realized then that they were prancing around naked and the normalcy of the scene reminded him of just how open and comfortable they were with each other. He scooped her in his arms unceremoniously causing her to yelp startlingly. "That shower now."

She wound her arms around his neck. "Hmm, sounds promising."

"In your dreams. I meant shower, literally. Forget the secret codes Missy." He disappointed carrying her to the bathroom.

She pouted. "You're no fun."

He placed her down in the steamy shower. "For now yes." And he began to carefully clean her.

***

"I can walk you know." Gina whined as Eddie carried her to the kitchen.

The house was quiet but the lights were on. Obviously Rosanna or one of their friends were still up. Eddie perched her on the marble counter despite her protests. After raiding something to eat from the fridge, he turned back to her. He almost dropped the tray full of edibles at what met his eyes.