chapter nine

Gina was in her office buried in her work when the intercom beeped. "Yes Cindy."

"Your mother is on the line Miss Marshall." She informed from the other side.

"Put her through to me." Gina said praying it was a business call and not family drama.

"G, how's everything going?" Mona asked.

"If you want to know if I have already murdered the partner you imposed on me, well no, I haven't, but I have been tempted." Gina said rolling her eyes.

"Impose is a wrong word. Gina he is good for the business, you know that his work _"

"Okay mother is there anything else you want you talk about?" She inquired interrupting her mother.

Mona breathed loudly, obviously annoyed by the interruption. She then said. "Dinner is at my house this Friday, busy or not you better show up young lady."

"Mother it's Tuesday and you are talking about dinner on Friday." She rolled her eyes, bringing her palm to rub her forehead which was seconds from a severe migraine.

"I wanted to make sure I gave you enough time to take care of impending appointments." Mona informed clearly.

This time Gina sighed loudly. "Alright mother, I heard you." Mona bid her goodbye and hung up.

Going back to her work, Gina decided that her mother was too queer these past few weeks.

The next day in the morning Daniel the chauffeur pulled up at her reserved parking lot and opened the door the black SUV.
Gina stepped out her briefcase in her left hand. Today she felt elated, she had to admit the sun was working it's magic, she reached the front door, a security guard pushed the glass doors open and she stepped in. She had her hair up in a neat bun so as to highlight her burgundy dress
neckline, she had a golden necklace accentuating her gold bungles. Her burgundy heels clicked with the marble floors as she graced the corridors like a runway model, the employees she passed greeted, as usual she briefly greeted back, she was about to walk into the elevator when her eyes landed on a familiar male figure, he was in a custom black suit, his polished leather Italian shoes matched his tie, his hair was done in a messy way making him look like a bad boy in a film. She watched as the female employees drooled after him as he walked by.

"Good morning ladies." He greeted smiling to a group of three.

"Good morning too Mr Raymond." They greeted back in unison giggling.

Walking past the reception which had two beautiful petite ladies. He paused to greet them.
"Hello ladies," he smiled leaning on the huge brown shiny marble reception.

"Good morning Mr Raymond," they greeted back.
"Do you need anything Mr Raymond?" Linda the taller lady asked.

"Oh no, just saying hi to you gorgeous girls."

Gina watched as the man shamelessly flirted with her employees, the silly girls hang on his every word. She watched as he leaned in closer on the reception and he spoke though she couldn't make out his words.

"So, is the big lady boss in already?" He was still smiling.

"Yes,she just headed for the elevator." Nora the other lady answered almost melting to jelly.

Gina still stood there, she hadn't realised that she was gritting her teeth hard, until she felt a tingly pain on her jaw. She looked one more time only to meet his eyes. He stood straight, after he said something to the receptionists he made his way to her. Gina turned on her heel and entered the open elevator doors, it was almost closing when a familiar indulging scent hit her and a tall figure squeezed itself through and the doors closed behind him.