chapter twelve

Kick!

The chair went flying.

Hit!

Blood trickled from his knuckles.

Kick!

"Whoa! Man you need to chill." Nick said reaching out to hold his friend. The man was obviously furious for heaven knows what.

"Chill! I hurt her damn it! I hurt her badly!" Eddie bellowed angrily. He winced at the pain he'd inflicted on his knuckles by punching the marbled counter of the home bar. He smashed the shot glass against the floor. "You should have seen her Nick!" He continued furiously.

"Alright man, that's enough. I'm sure she will be fine. I mean she is a rich princess with an army of servants and loyal fam _"

"Cut it out Nick." Eddie stopped his friend's sarcastic speech.

After Vanda kicked him out, he had gone straight home. His childhood friend Nick had gone immediately he'd called him out. The two were close.

"Okay." Nick muttered quietly.

"I don't know man, I don't know why she was like that. I know it was my fault for kissing her last night, but..."

Nick scoffed then said. "What is she? cotton candy, dies when kissed. You said she's the strongest woman you've ever met and now she cannot handle a kiss?" He snorted.

"It is not that, there was something else. She was really angry when I kissed her, almost like, like she couldn't believe she had been kissed. Then the way Vanda reacted today, she even ordered for Mrs Marshall not to be told." He explained pinching the bridge of his nose.

"So, what you are saying is _ "

"It's her past. Something happened, she was not always ice cold. That kiss was passionate, she is or was an experienced woman." Eddie said as if reporting a discovery.

"Oh boy, why don't you just let the sleeping dog lie." Nick advised calmly.

"I can't, I will bring back that woman, the passionate Gina Marshall." Eddie said then gulped a shot of tequila.

***

Gina woke up to find Vanda sat by her bedside. For a while she seemed confused, she felt thirsty and tired. Her head ached and she couldn't really make out what was happening. She slowly sat up with Vanda's help.

"You alright G? How do you feel?" Vanda questioned worriedly.

"Wa_ water" Gina whispered her voice raspy. Her throat was dry and hurt like a bitch.

"Here." Vanda said bringing the glass to Gina's lips. She slowly drank then Vanda took it away.

"Where is he?" She asked staring into space. "Why did he kiss me? Why did he remind me?" She was transfixed. Her knees were tucked under chin, her arms coiled around her legs. "Why did he take me back there?" She went on a tear trickling down her cheek. She had not cried in a long time, she had not felt anything for four years.

Vanda hushed her. "It's alright G, it's all good." She scooted closer to embrace her friend while rubbing small circles on her back. "You are a strong woman G, you will do it again, you will forget again." She comforted softly.

They sat there long enough, Gina lost in thought and the soothing voice of her best friend. It was exactly how it had been four years ago, the numbing pain and disappointment all over again.  She'd been lost for an entire year. Drinking, crying, plotting and changing. Draining out all emotions until she finally felt empty enough to face the heartless world again. She was not going to allow herself to go back, she was naive then, but she'd become sophisticated. People feared her, respected her and all because she was Gina Marshall; the cold heartless bitch.