chapter twenty three

Gina stirred from sleep, her eyelids still heavy and her head throbbing. She tried to open her eyes but the light penetrating the room through the curtains made it impossible. Closing her eyes she groaned into the pillow. That was not her scent, her eyes snapped open, taking in her surrounding she smiled at the familiar room. She was in a long grey shirt that reached her mid thigh. Her legs swung off the bed, she stood weakly and found her way down stairs.

The smell of cooking pancakes hit her nostrils and as if on cue her stomach growled. She walked in the kitchen only for her eyes to meet the sexiest morning show she had ever watched.

Eddie finished making the pancakes, coffee and fresh juice. He carefully almost professionally placed them on the tray. His muscles stretched the healing marks clawed on his bare back as he reached for a tablet container on a cupboard. His shoulder blades relaxed as he placed it with a glass of water on the tray. He picked it up turning to the door.

"Hmm, good morning." Gina greeted leaning on the side of the door frame her legs crossed exposing her naked thighs.

"Good morning beautiful." He greeted back placing the tray on the counter, "well you just ruined my breakfast in bed surprise." He gestured to the tray. Gina laughed softly before walking towards him. "You don't have to do all that, you are not my boyfriend Eddie." She said smiling.

Drawing her to him, he said, "I know but, I think that can be resolved."

"Eddie_"

"No, no, I won't rush you, I know you are dealing with something, last night all those wine glasses were not just you having fun, that was you trying to forget." He said kissing her forehead.
"Here," he handed her a tablet and a glass of water. "For that smart head of yours, then we will have breakfast, prepare then go to work." He made her sit down then gave her her breakfast.

"I should check things out with_"

"Relax Gina, I called Cindy, I told her to hold your early morning meetings, reschedule some and send you a briefing so you can go through it on our way to work. And I already ordered for your clothes." He said holding her shoulders.

Gina nodded then started on her breakfast, they ate in a comfortable silence until Gina spoke. "You did not... I mean... last night," she stuttered biting her lower lip.

Eddie smiled softly before saying, "no, you were too drunk," Gina nodded again. "You almost had your way with me though, drunken strong girl." Eddie said chuckling.

Gina knew he was trying to make her feel better, she had been imposing and damn, it felt strange. She had not had anyone taking care of her in a long time.
"Eddie,"

"You think too much you know, just let me do what I have to do. And that Ben guy you kept cursing, I'm going to kill him if he so much as comes near your shadow, now eat." He ordered.

She went on eating, her heart doing somersaults and she had no idea just how to stop it, she wanted it to stop. Or did she? She grinned as she bit into a huge piece of pancake.
"Eddie," she called smiling her mouth full.

"Hmm," he hummed in response.

"I'm sorry. About your back." She apologized.

Their eyes met before he said, "I was hoping you could refresh them in the shower after breakfast." He grinned as her face flushed.

"Sure." She mumbled her mouth full of pancake. Eddie could not help but laugh.

***

"We will have Noel Ad Agency presenting tomorrow, then as the PR team we thought our usual charity dinner could not come at a better time, our course this time will be to help with the much needed funds for starting a cancer Research Centre by which Dr Raymond has initiated. All we need is the word go from Miss Marshall and Associates." Mrs Nelson informed before taking her seat.