chapter forty nine

I feel like this story is long overdue and as much I love all these darling characters that I'm going to miss so much, it's almost time to say goodbye. We have less than three chapters and perhaps an epilogue. Ugh... with that said and done...

***

"I understand that and I'm absolutely grateful but I'm not risking anything." Gwen said to the person on the other side of the line in sotto voce.

After listening for a while with an impatient expression, she argued animatedly. "Listen, my sister's wedding is a month away and she's pregnant. Her safety and that of my family is my main concern right now. I'd appreciate if you can guarantee me that. Can you do that?"

From the corner of her eye she caught a glimpse of the lively background of the party before turning back to the wall at the corner she'd been standing in for the last twenty minutes.

"...okay, okay. I get it. Thank you so much. Just don't take your eyes off that murderer_"

"What murderer Gwen?"

Gwen swirled around abruptly as Gina came into view. "G!" She beamed a tad over excitedly. She spoke to the person on the line. "I'll call you back." She hung up with a wide grin on her face.

"What murderer were you talking about?" The other woman prodded with suspect.

"Murderer? I_"

"There you are sugar sweet." Calvin hugged Gwen from behind. "That was long? How's the script coming along?"

Gina's features contorted with confusion. She quirked a shapely brow. Her eyes darted between the couple. "What script?"

Gwen was about to blabber something but Calvin beat her to it. "She hasn't told you yet?" He spun Gwen around and held her at an arms length. "You didn't tell your sister you're rehearsing a script with my sister?"

Gwen jumped in apologetically. "I'm sorry Gina. I have so much in my head with the wedding preparations, work, me and Calvin and now that script... Emma needed someone to rehearse with but I couldn't meet with her because I had to be here, so I rehearsed with her over the phone."

Gina took her hands. "You should have told me Gwen, I don't want to overload you and of course you should have gone to Emma. The poor girl lives for acting."

The other woman shook her head frantically. "Yeah, but there was no way I was missing my sister's engagement party. We don't have mom, it's just us, you told me that didn't you?"

Gina pulled her into a hug. "I'm so happy goddamn it! Stop making me cry."

The younger sister laughed. "That's not me sister. It's your pregnancy hormones."

Gina swatted Gwen's arm. "Why you little_"

"Are you making her cry, Gwen?" It was Eddie's interrupting query. He pulled the fiancée into an embrace before glaring at Gwen who rolled her eyes.

"She's just_"

"Happy. I'm just very happy." Gina interjected taking Eddie's lips in a soft kiss. She didn't want them bickering in her engagement party and for Pete's sake she wanted him then and there.

"I don't think we are wanted here sweet." Calvin said dragging a staring Gwen from the couple that was now having a full on public make out.

Gina broke the kiss and grinned at him. "I was thinking we could sneak upstairs." Seeing his reluctance she whined. "Just for a while..."

He chuckled. "We're the hosts beautiful, they'll definitely miss us."

She erupted into a schoolgirl giggles. "All the more we should sneak up."

He winked at her. "Come on." He tugged her hand leading her through the guests to the stairs.

***

After retouching her makeup and smoothing her sleeveless, floral, cocktail dress which she hadn't removed at their eagerness, she turned around and faced her handsome fiancée. It had been a full month since he'd proposed in the presence of their friends and by God since then her love for him peaked unimaginably.

Her pregnancy was four months long and they wanted to get married before the baby arrived. She'd been willing to wait because every bride liked to fit gorgeously in her dream gown but Eddie couldn't careless. He wanted them that bad. She still didn't know how she'd gotten so lucky but she had and she couldn't be more grateful.

"So..."

Eddie smiled at her. He knew what she wanted but he wanted to tease her. For a self-assured, gorgeous, wealthy woman, he was amazed at how she lived off his compliments and approval. He loved her for trusting him and never second guessing his love for her. And now that they were going to be parents, he wanted her all to himself. He would have married her as soon as the next hour but she and the female folk whined a lot about preparations. He finished fixing his tie and pocketed his hands.

"So..." he mimicked.

She bit her lips and flattened the flare of her knee-length skirt with her palms. "You know."

He stifled laughter and quirked a brow with inquisition. "I don't, tell me."

He watched as she wrung her fingers in front of her shyly. She was too proud to admit she wanted him to compliment her and that made him even more excited. "Yes, I'm listening."

The damned oaf should have gotten the message already but he kept playing dumb. She knew he wanted her to concede but her mother would cringe in the grave at that kind of classless admittance. "The ladies are complaining that my dress is too short and it's distracting their men." She spun around clockwise."What do you think?"

That was Gina Marshall for you, clever little fox. "Are you fishing for compliments, my love?"

Fool! "Well I'll go ask the damned men then." She spat swirling around to face the door.

She was naturally feisty. With the pregnancy, the hormonal woman was a force to be reckoned with. He grabbed her hand before she made a step to the door. "You're gorgeous, baby_"

"Let me go! I don't want to hear it." She thrashed her arm to no avail.

He closed the distance between them and cupped her face. "You're gorgeous, you're beautiful. You're perfect and you're mine. If one of those men so much as look at you, I will throttle them before throwing them out." And he meant it.

"Okay. Let me go now." Her heart did somersaults at his words and she was stifling a goofy grin. She knew he meant every word he'd uttered but playing hard to get turned him on and at the moment, she didn't care about guests or messing her dress again. She could only think about him hauling her to the bed, hiking up her dress to the waist and taking her hard and fast from behind.

She jerked her hand free only for him to grab her by the waist like she weighed nothing and dropped her on the bed. She'd expected it but couldn't help but shriek in excitement.

"What did I say about doubting my love for you?" He asked in that ferociously hoarse baritone that made her purr like a faithful feline. She heard him maneuver closer as he unbuckled his belt after carefully placing her on all fours. "I'm not going to ask again." It was cool yet managed to escalate her temperature.

"That... I... You will love me until... oh God!" She gasped as he thrust himself into her.

"Until?"

"Until it hurts so there's a mark to remind me." She said breathlessly.

"Now let's mark you, love."

Vote, comment, follow and share. Lots of love my darlings.