chapter seventeen

She couldn't explain the feeling in her stomach. She had done a good job of thinking about him touching her sensitive parts throughout the weekend, damn the man for looking so good. Gina absent mindedly responded to the usual morning greetings from her employees. She made it to the top floor and Cindy rushed towards her, a tablet in tow.

"Good morning ma'am." She greeted and Gina responded with a curt nod.

Gina continued towards the door, the other woman following behind, determined to match her boss's long effortless strides.

"You are supposed to meet with Mr Noel at 10 a.m. Then next, you have a briefing with department heads. Marks the end of your meetings but for now you have someone waiting in your office." She said the last part cautiously.

Gina paused right at her office's door. "Without an appointment?" She asked with furrowed brows. She bit on her lower lip, the other woman nodded slowly. There was a moment of silence before Gina spoke.

"Coffee." She said pushing the door open, already aware of who it was that did not need an appointment to see her.
"Mother." She called after closing the door behind her.

Mona beckoned for her to sit. Gina sat down on the guest seat opposite her desk, since the older woman already occupied her rightful place but she didn't dare point the fact out. "Is there a problem?" She asked already uneasy with her mother's accusing eye.

"That's my line." She said simply before Cindy knocked softly and entered with a tray, carrying two cups of coffee. Settling the delicate china down, she quickly left the room.

"I called yesterday, but you never picked up, care to explain?" Mona went on after a sip.

After placing her own cup down, she leaned back on the chair. "Busy." Gina answered briefly. Yes. She was busy; busy suppressing her thoughts for a certain man, busy taking endless showers to ease the undeniable need consuming her body since the said man touched her so intimately, she was busy trying to collect herself together.

She was came out of her trance, sensing the presence of her mother right in front of her.

Mona sat in front of her daughter, her eyes spying the bags carefully hidden with makeup under her daughter's eyes. "I'm worried about you." She stated, sighing loudly. "Whatever is the matter Gina?" She asked, her expression serious but her voice heavy with concern.

"Mother, I'm_"

"And before you start lying to me consider explaining along the lines of Eddie Raymond." She interrupted.

Mother and daughter stared each other down, each stubbornly clenching their feminine jaws.

"What does he have to do with anything?" Gina spoke first raising a shapely brow.

Mona spoke imitating the other woman's action. "I was hoping you would tell me."

Silence fell for a moment. Gina rose from her sit and walked to the floor-to-ceiling window, taking her coffee with her. "I cannot do this mother, I have no time for it." She said softly but the frosty tone was undeniable.

Mona raised her manicured left hand up, as if to admire the gold rings glittering on her fingers. "You my darling_" she started not turning to see her daughter's wince at the endearment. "Are going to do exactly what you are fighting so hard against." She finished, dropping hand on her lap. She then turned towards Gina. "And here I thought you are capable of handling risks." Mona said with a smirk.

"Mother you of all people know why I cannot afford to entertain a man in my life." Gina retorted, her voice laced with irritation.

Mona shook her head disagreeing. "No Gina, the past is the past, it has absolutely nothing to do with the present. Think about it." With that she picked up her purse and sauntered to the door.

She turned the door knob before half turning to the daughter. "And you don't have to entertain him, let him entertain you." She grinned wickedly then winked at her and left.

Gina sat down heaving a deep sigh. She couldn't believe that had actually happened. Her mother of all people, had to be the one provoking the emotional turmoil she was undergoing. Damn that man for making her feel that way, damn him for making her want him. He was determined to get through to her, she saw the desire in his eyes and she was not doing any better with hers.

If you keep running and hiding, you are a coward and whoever made you like this wins.

His words echoed in her head and she hated to admit that he was right. She, Gina Marshall, was not and would never be a coward. She was thinking about what to do to make it a win-win situation, when her mother's words dawned on her. And you don't have to entertain him, let him entertain you.

A wicked smirk plastered on her face, as she made a call. "Cindy." she spoke as soon as the other woman spoke. "I believe it's time for that meeting with Mr Noel, kindly do have Mr Raymond join me." She finished with a smile.

***

Daniel halted at the front of a five-star hotel, one of those his boss went to all the time. This time however, she had brought along the other boss; the man that stirred a lot of gossip around the company not to mention the tabloids and magazines. Gina walked to the door not waiting for Eddie to catch up, a guard bowed after pushing the door open.

"You are making me feel like a goddamn bodyguard, instead of a business partner." Eddie deliberated catching up with her. The woman had strides.

Her lips twitched in a secretive smirk. "Perhaps the former suits you better." She muttered and began talking to a concierge before he could answer. "Reserved under Mr Noel." She said.

The concierge nodded before saying, "this way please."

Mr Noel stood on her arrival, he was a tall, lean man in his early thirties. He was well groomed, his custom made suit speaking volumes. They all shook hands before taking their seats and making orders.

"So, about your new product, my firm will gladly work with you like we have done many times before." Mr Noel began.

"You shouldn't have any problems since our products are known well, all we need is an advertising push on grape pop." She informed her tone all business. "Eddie, please." She said reaching for the files they had brought along. Eddie gave her a look for the informality.

"Here is what you need to get started." She said handing over the files.

"These are_"

"I suggest you keep this lowkey, marketing strategies are secrets not meant to be shared because of competition, you certainly must know that." Eddie interrupted.

Mr Noel face creased before he spoke with a cocky tone. "Miss Marshall, we have worked together for too long for your high-end bodyguard to be teaching me my job." He said.

There was a smug look on Gina's face as she controlled the laughter that threatened to burst. Eddie grew even more annoyed at her for not making clarifications.

"He means well Mr Noel, I appreciate your time, do not fail me for I have built trust towards your firm." She said.

She stood and outstretched her hand for a handshake. Eddie had no intention whatsoever to shake the ignorant fool's hand, how dare he? Who on earth did not know Eddie Raymond? Angry at Gina more than the Mr Noel guy, he quickly walked out of the restaurant and slumped in the backseat of the Rolls Royce.

As soon as they arrived back at the company's building, Eddie clutched her wrist and dragged her inside.

"Eddie, what the_" she began but was hushed by a more painful grip. They alighted the elevator and he continued to drag her towards his office, stirring whispers along their passageway. He pushed her inside his office, shut the door before slamming her back against it.

"What the actual fuck Eddie Raymond!" She yelled catching her breath.

"Time for your punishment." He whisper-yelled before slamming his lips on hers.
.
.
.
.
.
An update! Read, vote comment. I'm loving these two.