chapter forty six

The men settled on the plush sofas at the VIP section in company of the house's models. Those boney ones with endless legs, long hair, extra long lashes, exaggerated dazzling smiles and extremely tactile. One whose breasts were almost pouring out of her tiny, satin, red dress batted her lashes at them as she poured them drinks ensuring to lean unnecessarily low to showcase the low plunge of her neckline.

"Come sit with me sexy." One man coaxed lazily, his eyes trained hungrily on the balloons surging out. The woman smiled and obeyed. She sat next to another woman who was all over the man. The particular section was rather dark with strobe lights occasionally flickering over the marooned private area.

Two men basking in the adoration of four women each, sipping the most expensive champagne available in the classy house was a normal scene in the club. With the occasional groping and literally making out in the VIP section, they were seemingly two sturdy, overly good-looking wealthy men having the time of their lives. "I missed this man." The man who was currently twirling his finger around a redhead's hair commented.

"Of course you would. Whatever had you thinking you were ready to settle down just yet?" His friend asked without looking at him. He was busy ogling the scantily clad thighs rubbing off him.

"I don't know man. I just thought Gina was the one. Which is laughable because I'm married already."

His friend chuckled before sipping from his flute. He trailed his finger along the woman rubbing off him then turned to his friend. "Maybe you ought to try make things work with your wife. Regina is something, you can't even deny. In addition to that sexy British accent there's that submission she used to have."

" No Nick. She changed, tremendously. She's no longer that sweet Gina she used to be, she's Regina now. She's cold and heartless."

Nick clumped his hand on a wandering one before it could reach his crotch and smiled at the eager female. He winked at her then glared at his friend. "I know you Eddie. Enough to know that you were searching for your Regina in Gina Marshall. Something you didn't find and now you're miserable and alone after Marshall broke it off with you. Which you shouldn't be because your wife is back and you can have her back."

Sighing in contentment, Eddie slumped into the couch. Two hands from different women massaged his abs over his shirt while the another pair worked his thighs. He seemed to be in deep thoughts only to be brought out of his trance by a fingertip messing with his waistline where his trousers began. Sitting upright, he pried all the hands away without coming off rude. He met his friend's gaze and smirked. "You know me so well. I'd give my right hand and leg if guaranteed another chance with Regina. My Regina not that empty shell she's turned herself into."

Nick nodded. "Why don't you call her?"

"Because I don't know how to reach her and she'll never forgive me for replacing her." Eddie responded dryly. He downed the rest of his glass's contents and fixed his tie. "If it were that easy I wouldn't be here with escorts..." With a serious tone he added. "I would be with her."

***

She raced down to the door halting only at the parking lot. Breathless and panting, she shook her head as if that would clear her wild thoughts. She must have misheard them or maybe she heard what it was she desperately wanted, needed to hear.

"...I'd give my right hand and leg if guaranteed to have her back. My Regina not that empty shell she's turned herself into."

"...I would be with her."

He still wanted her. Eddie still loved her as much as she loved him! But why had he been so cold with her the moment he lay his eyes on her? Why had he cursed and rebuked her like the plague?