chapter twenty two

Bernard Murray poured himself another glass of scotch. He chugged it in one go, he'd be damned if the woman escaped his grasp. Four years ago he had made a stupid decision, one that he'd regretted a million times over. If only he had stuck to the first plan. But the other bitch had fooled him. She led him to believe they would be happy together only for her to run of with that old Italian. The whore. All that ever mattered to her was money, but who didn't prioritize money? Was it not the reason he came back? Well it was part of the reasons he came back. The other two were to get away from the scandal that was to befall the idiotic old fool since he was the suspect to the young mistress's death.

"You got what you deserved Elizabeth." He muttered under his alcohol reeking breath.
After he had lost his fortune gambling, he had been forced to take drastic measures, getting Elizabeth out of the way was one of them. Then coming back to America to take back what belonged to him. He had intended to stay in the shadows for a while, but when that private investigator came on reporting that she had started seeing a certain Eddie Raymond, he knew he had to move fast.
Upon impulse, he had marched to her company, which was doing inexplicably great. His good looks being the sole reason the receptionists at the ground floor had directed him to her office. The PA was busy flirting with another young man so he slid through her glass doors and sat down patiently waiting for her.

About an hour later, a goddess snuck up into the cabin and for a moment there he thought it was not her. But then again, he surprised her as soon as he recognized her feminine sculpture. Gina Marshall sneaking around in her building, care to explain that G?

The shocked expression amused him and even more when she steadied herself and took control of the situation. She had changed. Certainly. She was more beautiful, sexier, stronger and his favourite part: wealthier.

He smiled at himself as the taste of the scotch hovered around his taste buds. He would have her and everything she owned even if it called for more drastic measures.

***

"Look, you need to help me man." Nick whined pulling at his friend's evening jacket.

Eddie huffed at the man's behaviour. "Damn it, Nick you need to get it together. I told you already, I cannot do that, if I do_"

"She might get mad, go fussing to her best friends, and there will be no more pussy for you. I get that, but come on man, bromance?" He begged pulling a puppy face on him.

Eddie glared at him for a while before fishing out his phone from his pocket and dialling a number. "Yes, Frank I'm sorry for calling at this hour...thanks, I need you to check if you can get Miss McLaren's number and send it to Mr Hartwell...yes my friend. Immediately please...Thanks have a good night Frank."

"Yes!" Nick jumped punching the air. "Can I kiss you man?" He said opening his arms wide.

Eddie's face scrunched with repulsion before replying. "No thanks, you cannot say you got it from me, clear?"

"Of course buddy. I got it from the front desk, her department." Nick chimed.

"God you are an awful liar, I'm late for my date now get off my way." Eddie said brushing past Nick before turning his head. "And one more thing," he began jabbing his index finger at him, "under no circumstances are you to refer to Gina as pussy again. Good?"

"Oh boy. You have it bad, don't you?" Nick teased. Eddie shook his head before walking out.

***

She sat at a table near the immaculate white walls, her eyes transfixed on the wine glass. Her delicate features clenched, clearly irritated.

"Something wrong with the wine?" A voice snapped her to attention.