chapter fifteen

Things couldn't get better for Gina, the manufacturing process of the new drink was in motion, not without a bit of hiccups but nonetheless it was happening. She couldn't clearly figure out why it excited her so much. It definitely wasn't the first of her projects but then she couldn't help but feel elated.

It was a part of her, that she had put in that product, a part of who she had become. Things went smoothly under Eddie Raymond's supervision, the man was serious about his work. He was part of that drink, part of her decision to let her walls crack, he clearly knew how to catch a woman off guard.

Yes, he had caught her off guard. Otherwise he'd have gotten a cold shoulder like the rest of his kind before him. Not that she would admit the man had walked in her life, her company, her personal space and claimed residence without so much as permission and she was secretly gladdened.

She hadn't realised that she had a goofy smile plastered on her face until Vanda barged in as usual, in her study.

"Daydreaming?" Vanda asked grinning.

Wiping off her smile Gina answered. "Can't you ever knock woman?"

"Nope." She answered popping the p. "How else would I catch you smiling like an idiot in lo _" she stopped midway. "We are going out." She said baldly changing the topic.

"We? As in..." she left it hanging in the air.

"We, as in me, Gwen and you!" She finished pointing at her.

"I think_ "

"No! You cannot and will not think about this, don't think today Gina." Vanda interrupted.

Gina stood from where she'd sat daydreaming, walking towards a shelf of books. "I have a book to read, you go on have fun."

"Weren't you listening to me? I'm practically going to drag you to the club if you cannot use your legs like a normal human being." Vanda threatened with a saccharine smile across her face, that Gina knew meant the evil woman would see to her words.

***

By the time they all arrived to the club, Gina was already regretting why she hadn't fought Vanda harder. "These are not my kind of places, I should just go back and read that book." She complained eyeing the surrounding.

"Come on sis, it's been ages since you partied, you clearly need this since no man would be willing to lay the cold bitch." Gwen said making Gina gasp with disbelief.

"With an exemption of Eddie Raymond Gwen." Vanda chimed wiggling her brows suggestively.

"Are you nuts?!" Gina screeched. "No one is laying anyone, especially not Eddie laying Eddie." But why did the possibility taste so good on her lips?

"What happened to Mr Raymond." Gwen teased, she and
Vanda collapsed into a fit of giggles.

While they were at it and Gina mentally cussing her decision for the umpteenth time that night, Gwen ordered them tequilas which they downed in one swig.

Gwen was on her sixth shot when a young man whisked her off to the dance floor where sweaty bodies were grinding against each other. "Who's that?" Gina asked downing her fourth shot.

An ecstatic Vanda yelled over the blaring speakers. "G no one cares! It's in the club." She downed some lethal mixture in one go before some guy pulled her to the throngs of dancers.

Gina sat at the bar counter alone, the two people that were supposed to keep her company had deserted her and for that, she muttered a few choice words. She was about to sneak out of the club when a familiar deep, delicious voice stopped.