chapter fourteen

For some reason Gina wouldn't stop fumbling, fidgeting and being clumsy all morning. Whatever this was, was annoying and not in her good books. She had already taken eight cups of coffee, eight! That was enough caffeine to last her a lifetime.

Usually she'd be fidgety when she was nervous, which was close to never. Damn it! It was just  presentation with her partner.
Since when had she even started calling him that? Considering him one!

"Ma'am, Ma'am! Are you alright?" Cindy asked for the trillion time that morning.

Get yourself together Gina! Her subconscious admonished!

"Uh, yes Cindy. Something wrong?" She asked dragging out of her daze.

Of course something is wrong! You have been thinking about him more than is absolutely necessary. Cindy wanted to say but thought against it.

"Y...you seem d...distracted." She stuttered not really sure of what she just got herself into.

Instead of the reprimanding she expected, Gina smiled. "You are right Cindy, get me coffee, darker this time without sugar." Gina ordered quietly.

Cindy rushed to the door before bitch Gina showed up and reconsidered the order and fire her.

The boardroom was neatly arranged, Gina noted. She never did before. Nothing really impressed her so what on earth was wrong with her? Department heads sat down at each side of the table, each adjacent to a cup of coffee in fine china and bottled water. The men and women that worked with_ she shook her head at that, for her, sat upright like they were expecting queen fucking Elizabeth. But she was queen wasn't she? She almost rolled her eyes at her messed up brain. The excessive caffeine must have damaged her functionality.

"Ready beautiful?" Eddie whisper asked her, startling her out of her thoughts. "You okay?" He furrowed his brows askance.

Swallowing hard, she answered.
"Yes, are you?" She asked cocking her brow.

"Like never before." He answered his eyes not really looking at her but rather ripping her clothes apart.

For crying out loud woman! She inwardly warned her hormones.
She was sobering up when he brushed past her, lingering longer to whisper. "Let's ride baby."

She took a deep breath searching for her boss bitch attitude then took over. That's it girl! Her subconscious congratulated.

"Ladies and gentlemen, our new creation is mind blowing. Different teams and departments will work together to make this happen. Now we don't want to be another drink out there in plastic bottles for takeaway, we want our customers to be part of M&A, we want them to belong to us." She paused averting her eyes from her audience to Eddie.

"We've been glacier, freezing them here in M&A." Her eyes averted back to the audience which was once again impressed too easily she thought.

"With this new product, we want them to stay even when they have a choice to leave, if you ask me, we are risking but then isn't that what makes us entrepreneurs? This will be our little hypnotic potion, a pure fruit that will make them have us willingly, without having to choose between us and competitors because we are irresistible." She took her products as personal projects, each with a meaning beyond a drink, it was her emotions she emptied in the bottles. As the applause died down, Eddie began.

"Although this creation means something to us, we don't want our consumers restricted to feel what we feel, how about they explore and figure out different tastes by themselves? How about we don't bottle up our emotions?
We normally go by pineapple, passion, Apple, Orange and mango. All different, but the same in the some way." He paused to press a button to display bottle models on the projector.