chapter twenty nine

He knew she was a sexually adventurous woman, he knew she could take a man to the unknown paradise of abandonment and carnal pleasure, he'd felt it since their first kiss. Watching her head bob back and forth with her warm tortuous lips taped around him made him quiver with desperate need, his fingers were tangled up in her hair as he slowly rubbed her scalp unconsciously trying not to concentrate on the fact that this hotheaded woman would subdue herself to this, to kneeling down and offering a man all that there was to offer. He felt her smooth hand caressing him. His groan only encouraged her to put more pressure making his toes curl with an electric tinge. He hadn't glanced her way too afraid the sight would make him reach his edge too soon, he didn't want this to end. Not yet. He felt her move but her mouth remained intact around his shaft. He still wasn't going to look, but the sound of... he slowly lowered his gaze and there she was with her knees slightly parted her free hand between her thighs pleasuring herself. And that was it for him, he involuntarily gave in to the soft sweet call of euphoria. He sat on the edge of the bed to stabilise himself otherwise his limbs would give out and he would succumb to the ecstatic weakness she had ministered into him. "My God." He whispered finally able to utter coherent words. He looked at her, she hadn't badged but her hands were still working on her core. He reached out to her bringing her up to her feet. He picked her up and laid her on the bed. "Baby_"

"I don't want to talk." She interrupted taking her hands back between her thighs. He grabbed it before she did.

"That's my role." His voice was husky and sultry, he identified with the desperation in her eyes. His lips found hers and their rhythm picked up. This kiss was different, they both felt it in the depth of their souls. Slow and passionate each desperate to convey a message more than carnal hunger. The kiss deepened as they lost themselves in the depth of deep emotional waters. She wanted more, now or she was going to die of anticipation and raw hunger for the man that she had just submitted so wantonly to. "Eddie..." came her weak whimper. "If you don't make love to me_"

"I will get protection." Came a hoarse interruption.

He made to move but she pulled him to her, "now Eddie Raymond, I will take a morning after in the morning."

With that he gave her all she wanted, all that he was made of and he knew it wasn't just his body but his heart, mind and soul.

Dawn found them naked tangled up in his white satin sheets. She lay on her side their thighs sandwiched her head on his chest and their hands draped on each other.

He opened his eyes to the most beautiful sight he'd ever laid his eyes on. Her eyelids were softly shut, her breathing even and her hair a messy curtain. His hand came up brushing his knuckles along her feminine jaws, in that moment he knew the words he wanted to tell her when she awoke.

Her head moved then slowly her eyes like automatic blinds opened, her sleepy smile brightened his world and he couldn't be more certain.

"I love you." He murmured rubbing his thumb across a swollen lower lip. Her expression remained stoic, he waited for a response but none came.

"I don't care how long it takes to convince you_"

And her soft lips were on his, delivering all the memories made, all there was to say to him.

"I_" the ringing of the phone interrupted her and he couldn't wish a bigger curse on the damn gadget. It was hers, she moved to get it but he beat her to it, she smiled gratefully then swiped the green button.

"Gwen wh_"

"Gina mom_" the voice on the other side trembled. Gina was sure she heard a sniff.

"Gwen! What is wrong with mom?" She yelled panic and fear threatening to burst her heart.

"Mom...mom was shot."

Her hands felt cold and shaky all of a sudden, dropping the phone on the bouncy mattress.

"Gina, baby what's wrong?" Eddie queried concern coating his voice. "Gwen! What happened?" He barked into the phone.

"Eddie mom was shot last night on our way back home, we rushed her to the hospital." She explained between sniffs.

"What! And you just... we are on our way." He said swallowing a lump. "Baby, I will take you to see her okay?" He addressed a stoically stationary Gina.

He quickly got off the bed and pulled out a pair of boxers and jeans, after putting on a t-shirt and hoodie, he began dressing her thanking heaven for all the clothes he had bought for her the times she slept over. Making sure her flat shoes were intact, he picked her up.

Was it just his luck or heavenly mercy that his housekeeper had arrived already. "Good morning sir_"

"Please put that in a coffee cup and bring it along with you down stairs." He ordered striding to the door.

Once they were in his car with their seatbelts buckled he picked the coffee and dismissed the housekeeper. "Here love, please, drink it. Please." He pleaded sensing her refusal. He almost sighed in relief when she picked the plastic takeaway cup with shaky hands.
He was on the highway speeding down to the hospital when he heard her mumbled order.

"Faster."

He didn't need to look at her to know she was dealing with this the best way she dealt with hurt.

Coldly.

***
Gina hadn't needed to be carried to the hospital building. Either that coffee had awakened her numbed nerves or her mind was doing what it did best and that was to order. Ordering her body to walk. Run from floor to floor not taking the risk of handling a painfully slow elevator. Eddie wasn't trying to stop her but she didn't miss his dominating presence behind her heels as they ran up endless stairways.

And finally, "Gwen!" She called her sister upon arrival on the tenth floor reception area.

"Oh G." The younger woman cried running to embrace the other woman.

Wrapping her hands around Gwen tightly she whispered, "what happened? Where's mom?"

"We were going to enter the cars to go home, then suddenly mom was falling down and Sue was screaming. Nick called the ambulance and we brought her here. They are still operating."

Gina's next question was accusing. "And you are telling me just now?"

Vanda stepped in for a rescue. "We called you guys but you wouldn't pick up." She said hugging her friend.

Of course they wouldn't pick, they had been too preoccupied with... she shook her head, she didn't even know how her mother was faring and she was here thinking about her passionate night with Eddie.

"Baby." Eddie called walking towards them, he had gone to his mother upon arrival, she was Mona's closest friend and saying she was agitated was underestimating her current state.

"Come." He held out his hand which she took gratefully, he knew she needed all the support she could get. Holding her waist and kissing her knuckles, he turned to the other women.
"What did the doctors say? I mean you have been here for more than five hours surely there must be something."

"No, they are still operating on her, of course some nurse would dash out sometimes but say absolutely nothing." Vanda said while Nick squeezed her tightly to him.

Gina snuggled closer to Eddie then whispered, "whoever did this_"

"Will be caught and they'll be sorry they messed with us." Eddie cut her off abruptly.

"But Mrs Marshall is such a sweet woman how can someone think of hurting her?" Nick said dryly.

"I cannot think of a single person who might want to hurt mom." Gwen said rubbing comforting circles on Sue's back, the woman hadn't said a word to anyone, even Eddie had gotten a weak hug.

They were all quiet when a couple of doctors and nurses came out. The one who seemed to be in charge walked towards them. "Marshall family_"

Gina bolted to her feet, and let out a breathy answer, "yes."
.
.
.
.
.
.
OMG!! I didn't plan this, it just came up and... look where it got Gina's mom.

Please, kindly comment to let me know your thoughts so far. Critics and votes are more than welcome.

Love to all