chapter thirty one

One thing was clear to the team assigned to Mona Marshall's case;
the Marshall's wanted justice. The world wanted justice. The story was already on full blast in the media. The pressure was building and if they weren't acting on it soon, their asses would be skinned alive. That was just how power and wealth worked like. The Marshall's were prominent people not some unknown persons that the universe didn't give two shits about. So when Gina Marshall and her boyfriend, Eddie Raymond; another powerful, money stinking maniac demanded they look into Bernard Murray, they jumped and looked into Bernard Murray.

"Michael! Look at this." Bridget beckoned onto her partner who dropped what he was doing and walked over to her.

They were to in Ben's apartment. Immediately after they had departed from the hospital, they had gone straight to the hotel where the charity dinner had been held, which was also the crime scene. The very cooperative security personnel handed over the security footage and the detective partners went on to question the guards that had thrown Ben out. To their credit, their narration collaborated. They had gone straight to the FBI headquarters and gotten a search warrant and more men in case they needed to make an arrest. They hadn't found anyone in the suspect's apartment but that didn't stop them from conducting a search.

"What?" Michael asked his head peeking through the door to what looked like a game room.

"Gotta see this for yourself." Bridget answered meeting his gaze.

"What the hell!" He exclaimed as his eyes landed on endless pictures of the Marshall family members. "The fucker is clearly obsessed." He seethed his interest picking.

"A lot of Gina Marshall here." Bridget informed pointing towards a wall that had been made to look like a dartboard, with a lot of pictures of Gina and Eddie stabbed with darts.

"Sir!" A young man called into the room gaining the partners' attention. "We found the bloody clothes. White tuxedo."

Without hesitance, they all followed the man to what looked like a bedroom, sure enough in the adjacent bathroom lay the bloodied clothes they recognised from the security footage as what the suspect wore.

"Wrap those up after taking pictures, do the same with the damn pictures in the game room." Michael ordered before saying to Bridget. "Something's a miss here." Michael said shaking his head, hands akimbo.

Lips pursed in a straight line, Bridget nodded briefly then spoke. "The man couldn't be that stupid right? I mean to leave every incriminating evidence here."

"Tracking this place down was quite a task, he probably didn't think we'd find it but still_"

"Sir, we found guns in a pot plant
in the bedroom." The man from earlier reported interrupting the detectives.

Bridget and Michael shared a knowing look before walking back to the bedroom. Sure enough there lay three pistols well tucked into the pot plant.

"A murderer this foolish Michael?" Bridget scoffed incredulously.

"This could only mean two things." Michael said his mouth twitching in a smugly smirk. "Murray is a stupid newbie or," he paused and held a serious bossy poise. "Or all these is planted shit."

"Why did he run though?" It was Bridget querying with a quirky brow.

"Who said he ran?" A smirk plastered itself on his lips. "He might be oblivious to all of this. The guy might be dead somewhere already."

"Murray made a secretive entry to a highly secured event and from what we saw in that footage he did try to talk to Gina which is why he got his ass beaten by Raymond." Bridget reasoned hypothetically.