Chapter 2

Beep beep beep

I slammed my hand against the alarm and sat up. I ran my fingers through my hair and moaned, I rolled out of bed and trudged down the hallway to the kitchen. I was greeted by a warm smile from mom.

"Morning hon." she chirped, I hummed a response and curled up on the couch. I could catch the smell of bacon and eggs filling up the entire house. I smiled to myself and let out a chirpy hum. Mom laughed and left the kitchen walking over to me.

"So what are tou going to do this fine Friday, Mae?" she asked, I opened my eyes and thought for a second, I shot up from the couch and scrambled to my room. I threw on some new cloths and raced back out to the kitchen grabbing my car keys.

"Bye mom!" I shouted, I raced down the hallways of the apartement and outside to my car. I jammed the keys into the ignition and sped off out of the parking lot. How could I forget it's Friday? I have to meet Ethan at Starbucks in just a few minutes! I thought, I took a sharp turn off the road and pulled into the Starbucks parkinglot. I climbed out of my car and made my way into the small Starbucks, I rubbed my hands together once I got in. I loved winter in Maine and all but it's just so dang cold! I reached the front of the coffee shop and I ordered a small cappuccino and waited for it to come out. Once I got my coffee I went and sat down at a small round table.

"Mae?" I heard someone say, I looked up to see two handsome hazel eyes looking back, I smiled and nodded.

"Ethan?" I asked, he nodded and took a seat next to me. Ethan rested his head in his hand and gave me a small adorable smile.

"So." he started, I looked to him and smiled back.

"So?"

"We never got fully introduced to eachother." Ethan said, I nodded and looked to my coffee.

"Who's gonna start?" I asked, Ethan shrugged and smiled again. I couldn't help but blush, he had such adorable smiles every time he made his videos.

"I guess I will." he chuckled, "I'm Ethan Nestor and I have lived in Maine for the first half of my life so far!" I nodded and took a sip of my coffee.

"I'm Maelane Parker, but I'm called Mae for short. And I have never left Maine once." I mumbled under my breath. Ethan nodded and smiled again.

"Cool." my eyes scanned over Ethan's face and I made little circles on the table with my finger. Well this is awkward...I thought. I scanned over his face again and smirked a little.

"You have an extreme amount of acne on your face." I mumbled taking another sip of my coffee, Ethan blushed and looked to the table.

"It won't go away, no matter how much acne wash I use..." he whispered, I looked to him with wide eyes.

"Oh! I didn't mean to affend you! I mean, it's...." I stopped for a second, Ethan was now stareing me dead in the eye. "You look kind of cute with it..." I mumbled the last part, he blushed a deep shade of red and we looked away from eachother.

(A/N Am I going to fast? God dangit, I'm going to fast!)

"So..." Ethan said quickly, trying to pull us out of the hole we were already in. "You've never left Maine?" he asked, I nodded slowly. It was sad but true, mom never really trusted me that much after my 'incident' in middle school. God that was bad...

"It's a bit silly, but my mom doesn't trust me with anything anymore." I said softly, Ethan gave me sad puppy eyes.

"Jeez...that must suck." he rubbed the back of his neck and gave me a small smile. I nodded and took another sip of my cappuccino.