Chapter 12

Ethan's POV

'He's got Mark and Tyler' it rang through my ears as I handed Mae's phone back to her. Mae was on the verge of bursting into tears.

"It's all my fault..." she whispered, wipeing away a few tears. I pulled her into hug and stroked her hair. "I'm leaveing to help them, t-tonight..." she mumbled, how is she going to get plane tickets by tonight? I thought, I pulled out my phone and bought two tickets.

"I'm coming with you." I stated, Mae's green eyes enlarged.

"N-No, you're staying here." she snapped, I showed her my phone.

"I already bought two tickets." Mae lowered her head and sighed.

"Fine."

___

"You really dont have to come Ethan. This is my problem...not your's..." she muttered once we were right in front of the gate.

"Tyler and Mark are my friends too, Mae. So screw staying here, I'm helping to get them back." I said, I saw a small smile appear acorss Mae's face.

"Thank you." she whispered, I nodded and took her hand.

"Anything for you."

___

Mae's POV

We rushed out of the plane and rushed into the parking lot to find my car.

"I'm going to kill myself if they're dead!" I cryed, Ethan wrapped his arm around me and kissed my cheek.

"Don't worry. I'm sure they'll be okay..." he mumbled, I leaned my head into the crook of his neck and nodded. Anger and fear was sweeping over me.

"If Ace lays one finger on Mark and Tyler, so help I'll fu-" Ethan took me by the shoulders and looked into my eyes.

"Mae. It'll be okay." he whispered, I took a shallow breath and sighed. I pulled Ethan into a hug and I hugged him tightly.

"I'm afraid..." I whispered, Ethan's hand traveled up and down my back and he nodded.

"I am too."

___

I climbed out of my car and stared at Mark's front door, it was broken down. I slowly made my way up to front door and ran my hand along the door frame.

"Hang in there guys..." I whispered to myself, I looked to see Ethan standing beside me. His eyes were wide and his face was filled with fear.

"What the hell..." he mumbled, "How the hell did he break the door down?" I shrugged and stepped over the smashed door, 

"Mark? Tyler?" I called, the house was silent.  I took a deep shallow breath and kept walking. 

"Let's split up...we'll cover more ground that way." Ethan whispered, I stared at him with wide eyes.

"No!" I yelped, Ethan raised an eyebrow.

"Why not?"

"Just...reasons." I muttered, Ethan nodded and pulled his phone out of his pocket, he turned on his flashlight and took my hand.

"If you wanna stick together in this...I'm cool with that." he pulled my further through the dark silent house, flashing his light into every corner. I heard a loud thud and footsteps up ahead in the hallway, I froze and so did Ethan. He looked to me and then down the hallway.

"Stay here." Ethan let go of my hand and walked further down the hallway, he turned the corner and vanished. I stood there still and silent, my breaths growing heavy. I heard a scream and I shot down the hallway.