Chapter 26

(There's a music video behind the picture of the ring.)

Mae's POV
January

Ethan squeezed my hand as we stood backstage. Ethan slowly let go of my hand and kissed my cheek, his Hazel eyes looked in my green ones and he smiled.

"See you after the panel, Maeflower." he kissed my cheek again and started walking on the stage smiling brightly, this was going to be his first solo panel. I stayed behind stage and waited for him, he said he wanted to this alone. So I let him. I started braiding my hair and humming a few songs.

___

"So I have only a few more minutes before I have to go and I would like Mae to join me on stage." I looked up from my hair and stood up, I shuffled onto the stage and smiled confusingly.

Ethan's POV

I gave Mae a smile as she shuffled up to me.

"Yes Ethan?" she asked softly, I smiled again and stuffed my hands in the pockets of my jeans. Mae fiddled with her fingers and brushed her silvery hair out of her eyes.

"Mae, so um, I have known you for a long time. And I um..." I wrapped my hand around a tiny box inside my pocket.

"Yeah. So?" Mae placed her hands on her hips and cocked her head. I smiled and gripped the box a little tired.

"And I um..." I looked out to the people sitting there watching. "And everyone knows that I love you to death, so um, Mae..." I fumbled with the box and pulled it out of my pocket.

"Eth? What are you doing?" Mae asked, I smiled and held the little black box in my hands.

"Maelane Lauren Parker, will you have the honors of becoming Maelane Lauren Nestor-Darling?" I kneeled down on one knee and looked up at Mae. She covered her mouth with her hands and fell to her knees and hugged me.

"How would I never say no?" she whispered, I set the box down and hugged her back. I looked over at the audience and smiled, the were all clapping. I stood up along with Mae and placed the small diamond ring on her finger, Mae wiped away a few tears and kissed my cheek. We walked back behind the stage and Mae hugged me again.

"I love you Ethan..." she whispered, I smiled and kissed her.

"I love you too Maeflower."

Yeah. Yeah. It's short, but it was a big event! MAETHAN FOR LIFE!
Okay bye now!💙