Chapter 25

A Few Weeks Later

Mae's POV

I flipped through some messages on my phone and I looked over at Ethan. He was sound asleep, I smiled and looked back to my phone. I plugged in my ear phones and went into Netflix and turned on an episode of Supernatural. I snuggled under the blankets and buried my face into the pillow while watching, I felt two arms wrap around me and I paused the episode to look over my shoulder. I smiled when I saw Ethan nuzzling his face into the crook of my neck.

"Hey baby." I whispered, he smiled and nuzzled his face deeper into my neck.

"Hi." he squeaked, I ruffled his faded blue hair and kissed the top of his head. He smiled and buried his face even deeper into my neck and kissed my collar bone. I set my phone down on the nightstand and wrapped my own arms around him.

"I wanna go see a movie..." Ethan mumbled, my lit up with excitement and I quickly wriggled out of his strong grip, I slipped out of bed and grabbed the nearest outfit and rushed to the bathroom to get changed. I had thrown on a light blue sweatshirt and black leggings, I walked out of the bathroom and found Ethan slipping on a "MaeTheManiac" hoodie. I blushed and gave him a hug, he hugged back. He retracted his arms and I looked to his wrists to see faded red scars in the middle of his wrists where the sleeves didn't cover, he pulled the sleeves down and bit his lip.

"Ethan...what were those?" I asked quietly, he didn't answer. I placed my hands on my hips and cocked my head.

"Ethan. What have you been doing to yourself?"

Ethan's POV

I froze. I didn't have any backup plan if Mae had seen them, I bit my lip harder and shrugged.

"I'm not doing anything to myself..." I lied, Mae grabbed my arm and rolled up the sleeve. She stared down at my wrist and then big bright green eyes met Hazel eyes.

"Ethan." her soft voice had turned to a whisper. I looked to the ground to avoid the hurt in her eyes.

"Why are you doing this?" she asked quietly, I bit back the answer and I ran my free hand through my hair. Mae raised my chin so that my eyes would lock with her own.

"Ethan, you can tell me." her voice sounded gentle and calm, I didn't dare let an answer leave my lips. I shook my head and lowered my eyes, I could see that Mae looked upset.

"Ethan. Look at me." I raised my eyes to see that Mar had started to cry. I pulled her into a hug and stroked her hair, I'm so sorry Mae...I thought. I kissed her head and rocked her back forth, she snuggled her face into my neck and hiccuped from crying. I took a shaky breath.

"Mae?" I whispered, Mae looked up at me and her bright green eyes turned red and blotchy.

"I'm really sorry, okay. I just...I thought you wouldn't come back..." I kissed her tear stained cheek and she pressed her hands to my chest and started making small circles with her fingers. Her eyes flickered up to mine and they held a touch of worry and sadness.

"But I did come back Ethan." Mae whispered, I smiled and nodded.

"But I didn't know that."

"I know." Mae smiled and pressed her lips to mine. "Now. Let's see that movie." I smiled and released her and took her hand into mine.

It just feels right with Mae by my side.

___

"I LOVED THAT MOVIE!" Mae screamed when we got back into the car, I laughed and started the car up. She stared talking about how the movie was so well produced and shot, she loved the special effects and how the actors were so into it. I let her talk, I liked it when Mae was talking. I kept driving until we reached the apartment, we entered our own and Mae stopped talking and smiled.

"I think..." she started, "that it's time to record a video for the psychos again." I looked to Mae who was looking back at me.

"I'll be back in a bit." she started walking towards her recording studio, and I walked to mine. Same Mae...same.

Mae's POV

"What's up my little psychos? It's Mae the Maniac her and I am back! FINALLY!" I through my arms up in the air and swirled around in my chair.

"I am so sorry I've been gone for so long, I just was stuck in a friggin hospital for a few months and I was, apparently, in a coma. So I am now recording this for you guys to let you know I'm okay. But yeah I'm here and all is well."

"Ethan is doing even better now that I'm back which is good, so this was supposed to be a quick video, so make sure to strap that like button down in a straight jacket and I will see you guys, in the next cell over. Bye!" I stopped recording and rubbed my eyes, I picked up my phone and started to text an old friend.

Meh: hey girl.

!Angie!: MAE! OMG WTF! I thought u stopped talking 2 me!

Meh: no. I just got out of the hospital a few weeks ago...

!Angie!: oh! Are u ok?

Meh: yeah. Just fine. How have you been?

!Angie!: meh. I'm ok I guess...Ace came back to Maine the other day. I want to kick him in the balls for hurting your friends!

Meh: aw. Angie! Everyone here is ok now. They've forgotten about what happened last year I think...

!Angie!: Dats great! How's yo man Ethan? I hear he asked you out!

Meh: he did like last year on x-mas. He's a pretty big sweet heart.

!Angie!: as long as he's nice to u then I won't kill him.

Meh: thanks?

!Angie!: I have to go. My boyfriend is home.

Meh: name?

!Angie!: Benny Frost. He's pretty sweet 2.

Meh: k bye!

!Angie!: boi!

I set my phone down and ran a hand through my hair and smiled. I can't wait to see the look on her face when I come back on Christmas...