Chapter 5

_One Year Later_

"Where are takeing me, Mae?" Ethan giggled, I held back a tiny giggled and kept leading him up the stairs.

"Just keep the blindfold on!" I whispered, I led him further up the stairs until we reached the roof access, I opened the door and pushed Ethan through it. I untied the blindfold and removed it from his eyes.

"Okay...now open them." I said, Ethan's blue eyes fluttered open and his expression grew extatic.

"Holy balls this is awesome!" he shouted, I nodded. The apartment roof had the best veiw of all of our little town, I sat down looked to the sun. Ethan crashed down beside me, he smiled and let out a deep sigh.

"You okay?" I asked, Ethan shrugged.

"I don't really know anymore." he whispered, I raised an eyebrow.

"What do you mean?" I asked, Ethan lay on his back and stared at the fall sky. I lay back to and smiled to myself. There was a calming silence between the both of us.

"Mae. Can I tell you something?" Ethan asked me, breaking the silence. I sat up and my eyes flickered to Ethan who's expression was now blank and confused.

"Yeah, shoot for it." I said, Ethan took a deep breath and looked to me.

"Two weeks ago, I quit my job..." he began, "And you know I was a resturant manager, but I stepped down from that to focus more on YouTube..." I looked down at Ethan's face and gave him a small warm smile.

"Is that all Etan?" I asked, he shook his head.

"When October started, I got a call from Mark. You remember Mark, right?" Ethan asked, I nodded. "He asked me if I wanted to come out there and help him make videos..."

"Cool! That'll be fun!" I chirped, I looked to Ethan's face again. It seemed a bit upset like.

"The thing is Mae, I'm moving out there with him. So I'm moving to L.A..." he mumbled, it felt like a punch in my stomach. LA? Moving? Forever? The thoughts started to flood through my mind and it started to overwhelm me with emotion, I couldn't take it any more...

"W-What?" I croaked, I forceing back tears now.

"I'm moving to LA, and I'm not coming back. Just for the holidays though..." Ethan sat up and looked at me straight in the eyes. I could feel the tears streaming from my eyes now, I felt two arms being wrapped around me, I could feel Ethan pulling me into his chest and him stroking my hair. I cried into his shoulder and hugged him back, I pealed my head away from Ethan's shoulder and stared at him for a moment.

"I'm gonna miss you, ya blueberry..." I said, Ethan chuckled softly and kissed the top of my head. 

"I'll miss you too, Maelane." I could feel my cheeks burning from his kiss, but I pulled Ethan back in for another hug and smiled to myself. I pulled away and stared at the setting sun, it made me think for a moment.

"You know, Ethan. When I was younger, I wanted to leave this town and chase the sun for the rest of my life." I said, he looked to me with interest.

"Really?"

"Yeah. I still want to do that, I just can never find my escape route..." I mumbled, Ethan nodded and gave me a smile.

"You just want to get out?" he asked, I nodded. I stood up and walked to the edge of the building and stared down at the town. Ethan came and stood beside me.

"I just don't want to be here...that's all." I whispered, Ethan nodded and looked to me with his hazel eyes.

"Mae."

"Yeah?"

"Come to LA with me. I'm sure Mark won't mind another body roaming around his place." Ethan said grabbing my shoulders and smileing. I couldn't help smileing myself.

"Really?"

"I mean I understand if you don't-" I cut Ethan off.

"Of course I'll come with you!" I laughed, I tackled Ethan into big hug and kissed his cheek. But I broke the hug and took a step away from him when I realised what I had done.

 "I-I-I...I'm s-so s-sorry"  I stuttered, Ethan pulled me back into a hug and kissed my cheek.

"You don't have to be sorry 'bout that Mae." Ethan whispered in my ear, I smiled and hugged him back. 

"Kay." I whispered back, I could feel Ethan's smile spread across his face. He pulled away and gave me a warm smile.

"I gotta go. Bye." Ethan said, he turned and walked off the the roof access stairs and vanished. I stood there for a few seconds ponder what it would be like in LA...

[This is a short Chapter...Plz do not kill me!!]