Chapter 22

Hey! I'm not dead!

September 17, 2017

Ethan's POV

I sat in my old room back at Mark's staring at the wall. I wanted to go home but I couldn't, I didn't want to think about what happened to Mae. Not right now at least. I heard a few small taps on the door. My eyes shifted over to the door and I didn't move, I only muttered a "come in".

"Hey Ethan..." the soft voice of Amy whispered, I didn't respond. "How you holding up?" she asked, my eyes drifted back to the wall and I didn't dare speak. Amy stood next to me and gave me a small concerned look.

"Are you okay Ethan?" she asked, I nodded my head and sighed deeply. I wasn't okay, in all honesty, Mae wasn't here. She was sitting in a hospital rotting away waiting for someone to help her.

"To tell you the truth, Amy..." I mumbled, "I just wanna be alone..." Amy nodded and walked back to the door and closed it behind her, I looked down at my phone and picked it up. I unlocked it and started to dial Mae's phone number in my phone, I knew she wouldn't answer. I just needed to hear her voice. The phone rang and no one picked up making it go into voice mail.

"Hey, uh, you've reached Mae Parker's phone. Give me a call back some other time if I really want to talk to you. Unless you're Misha Collins, THEN EFFING TAKE ME AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!" I smiled a little after the voice mail message ended, I clicked end call and I set my phone back down. I leaned back into the bed and closed my eyes

___

"Ethan come on!" Mae laughed, I smiled and followed her down the dirt path.

"Where are you taking me Mae?" I called after her, Mae shot me a smile over her shoulder and kept running down the path.

"It's a surprise silly!" she said, she kept running. I kept running after her, she turned off into the grass and stood still, I stopped beside her and took her hand.

"What are you showing me again?" I asked, Mae looked over at me a grinned. She shrugged and wriggled her hand out of mine, she stopped at the edge of the grassy area and sat down.

"Sit with me Eth." she whispered, I sat down beside her and looked into the distance. Mae leaned her head on my shoulder and looked up at me. "I want to show where I am wanted..." she whispered, my heart shattered.

"Mae you're not gonna-"

"No. Not yet." Mae pressed her lips against mine and pulled away slightly, her pale beautiful skin started to turn grey and decay.

"What the hell..." I muttered, Mae smiled and flashed her teeth, they were black and old. I backed away slightly. I scrambled to my feet as Mae's arms grew to ashes.

"I'm sorry Ethan..." Mae whispered, I backed away more and Mae burst into a ball of flames.

"What the frickin hell!" I scream, Mae stretched her hand out and tried to mine.

"Stay with me..."

"MAE!"

___

"Ethan! Ethan get up!" I jerked awake to see Mark, I scrambled into a sitting position and hugged my knees.

"Holy balls..." I muttered, Mark placed a hand on my shoulder.

"You okay? You were screaming bloody murder." Mark whispered, I shook my head and buried my head in my knees.

"She burned...right in front of me..." I breathed, Mark raised an eyebrow and removed his hand.

"What? Who burned?" he asked, I looked to him with wide eyes of fear.

"M-Mae did..." I stuttered, Mark shook his head and rolled his eyes.

"It's probably just a nightmare Eth. I checked on Mae this morning, she's okay." Mark assured, I nodded and blinked. Had I just been dreaming? I slumped my shoulders and Mark left the room, I lay back down and stared at the ceiling.

"What the hell am I going to do Mae?" I muttered quietly.

A Few Weeks Later

Mark's POV

"Mark! I've just about had it with Ethan!" I heard Amy shout, I looked over my shoulder to see her standing next to me with her arm crossed over her chest.

"And why's that Peebles?" I asked, Amy shook her head and relaxed her arms.

"He stopped eating." she mumbled, I stared at her wide eyed and my mouth slightly open.

"Say what now?" I asked, Amy tucked some of her hair behind her ear and looked to the ground. If Ethan wasn't eating, we're effing screwed. I had heard news from the doctors that Mae was going to be just fine. But I think Ethan has other ideas about himself.

"I don't think he's been sleeping either. Not after last night." Amy continued, I held my breath. Why the hell would he start ding this to himself, starving himself and not sleeping, this is not the Ethan I know.

"Crud. What if he starts...you know." I didn't want to say it out loud, I already had one friend commit suicide a while back. I wasn't having that happen again, I looked over at Amy who was pale in the face.

"Shiz...I never thought about that." she mumbled, I walked past her and up to Ethan's room, I knocked on the door and heard a faint response. I opened the door to see Ethan sprawled out on the ground, I closed the door behind me and raised an eyebrow.

"Uh, Ethan? What're you doing?" I asked, Ethan sat up halfway and then slammed himself down on the ground.

"What do you want Mark?" he muttered, I stuffed my hands in my pockets.

"Jeez Eth. I just want to know how you were doing." I replied, Ethan sat up fully and cocked his head.

"I feel like hell right now..." he spat, I held my hands up in surrender and backed up. Ethan ran a hand through his faded blue hair and pulled his knees up to his chest. I sat down on his bed and pulled out my phone, I pulled up a picture of him and Mae when I had turned twenty-eight. I turned my phone around and showed the picture to Ethan.

"Is this why?" I asked, Ethan looked up to my phone and wiped away a few tears. He took my phone and then threw it across the room.

"Keep that away from me..." he muttered, I looked to where he threw my phone and rolled my eyes.

"What the hell child! You threw my phone!" I yelped, Ethan buried his head in his knees and started crying. "Ethan, you have to stop. Stop with everything, stop starving yourself, go to sleep, and don't even think about self harm!" I snapped, Ethan looked up and didn't respond.

"Get out." he spat, "I SAID GET OUT!"

My Angel Behind the Screen || CrankGameplaysजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें