Chapter 3-Not My Home

As I lay here, on my bed, I wonder what he'll be like. Has he gotten better? Gotten clean? Does he have a girlfriend? Do I have siblings...? I'll know the answers any minute now. I don't know where he lives and neither does my mom so it could be a long drive...

My mother has been in her room, door closed, for the past 2 hours. She's really beating herself up over this. I want to go comfort her but I really need to pack. I should have done it earlier but I was in shock...

Standing up, I walk over to my closet to grab some close and a bag, I really don't need to bring much so I grab 2 changes of clothes and and some PJs. I set the small bag near my door and walk to the window to watch for him. The world seems to betray how I'm feeling. The birds are chirping happily, singing their songs to one another. The sun is shining bright, and there's hardly any clouds. Trees sway gently in the wind, leaves hardly blowing. The perfect amount of wind. Outside is nothing like how I feel inside. Inside me a storm is brewing. It's rough, the wind picks up quickly and a tornado is coming. It grows large, an F5. This storm will destroy a lot in it's path. Wrecking homes, perhaps killing people. The damage left will be incredible in the darkest way possible. Families are hiding in their basements, saying goodbye to their beautiful homes that hold all of their lovely memories. The storm will grow unbelievably worse. Becoming even more worrisome. Slowly, bit by bit it worsens, it will reach it's highest point in 3... 2... 1...

Ding

The noise of our doorbell lingers, echoing through the house as though to taunt me. He's here. My father... The man who left me behind so many years ago, he's at my door, ready to take me to his house.

I move from my place near the window, turning slowly towards my bedroom door and the bag that holds my clothing for the weekend. My feet don't seem to want to move towards door.

Ding

There it is again. He must be growing impatient waiting for somebody open the door.

My legs finally move, pushing me towards the door without even realising I'm moving. My arms reach down and grab the bag without me telling them to, as if it was a routine. Casually, I walk down the hallways and down the stairs. Once I reach the bottom again my legs stop just like before, not wanting to move.

Ding... Ding... Bang bang bang.

My mom walks down the stairs, kissing my head quickly before passing by me. She reaches for the door handle, resting her hand on it fir a few seconds before turning it slowly. The door opens unhurriedly and at the other side I see a tall man. His skin is pale, much unlike the slightly darker skin of me and my mother, it's pulled tight to his face. His high cheek bones are very apparent. His eyes match mine, a bright greenish yellow colour. And his short jet black hair is gelled into place. 

"Hello Magnus." He looks past my mother and grins at me, I see a hint of evil in his eyes, but I overlook it, cause the thing I see more is the look of love I see when he looks into my eyes.

"H-hi..." I look down at my hands while I fiddle with my shirt. The bag I had is on the ground beside me.

My mom walks back to the stairs, where I'm standing, and hugs me lightly, she kisses the top of my head again.

"Come on Magnus, I'll walk you to his car." She's on the verge of tears, I can see them forming in the corners of her eyes. But she's staying strong, holding back the tears to calm me down. It's almost working, but my heart is beating out of control, jumping out of my chest.

I let her lead me out the door, her arm is wrapped around my shoulders. We walk down the sidewalk and my mind was in a dream like state. It didn't feel real. Any second now I'll wake up from this nightmare, safe in my bed from this man.