Chapter 23- Secret

It's been a week since I woke up, I asked the nurses to make sure only family and super close friends came in, it was too overwhelming to have too many people showing up.

Today is the day I'm going home, finally I can be in my own bed.

Alec hasn't left since I woke up, I was hoping me waking up would push him to finish go home, but nope.

He's coming home with me too, and since we both missed registration for grade 9, we both have to wait until next year to sign up. Meaning we won't be starting school for another 4-5 months.

Alexander has been 'assigned' to stay with me everyday when my mom goes to work to make sure I'm okay.

Jasmine apparently stayed with my mom off and on so that she could visit me more often, but now that I'm awake and doing better they're dragging her back to my father's.

Speaking of my father, I'm not allowed to back until I start school, something about keeping me as close to home as possible.

"Are you ready Magnus?" Alec asks me.

I think my mom has figured out that we're together, I know she suspected me being gay and liking him before, but considering how Alec acted while I was in a coma, I think she knows for sure.

"Yeah. Yeah let's go." I grab my things and head out the door.

There's so much I have to do, I missed my birthday, but apparently I still got presents, I've been told I have to open them. I have to find a way to let everyone know that I'm okay.

And the most important thing, I have to come out. While I was under I thought a lot about it, if I died without telling my mom who I truly was, she would have buried a stranger.

Almost dying opened my eyes to a lot of things, figuratively of course, I couldn't physically open my eyes.

I walk out the door of the hospital and the fresh spring air hits me like a wall, it's the first time I've been outside in a long, long time.

I grab Alec's shoulder for stability and take a look around me.

Everything seems so much more beautiful than I remember.

Grass a little greener, sky a little bluer.

I guess there's so many things people take for granted until it's taken from you. The world is just so beautiful.

"You good?" Alec asks me as I look around me in amazement.

"I'm great." I smile at him.

"Good. Let's get home." I nod and follow him to the car.

Driving is a weird sensation.

The faster we go the more adrenaline I have, I feel like I'm flying. Being out of a coma lets you experience everything for the first time again, though I don't suggest purposely putting yourself into a coma for the experience, it really isn't worth it.

My mom drops us both off at home and heads out to pick up a few things, she says she'll be back in an hour and once she's back everyone's coming over, apparently people have decided a week is enough time to keep them away from me, everyone wants to see me.

Me and Alec run inside, I can't wait to be in my own home.

The scent fills my nostrils the second he opens the door.

"I missed this place. I missed everything." I tell him, tears filling my eyes.

"Everything missed you too. Especially me though."