Chapter 26- 2+2=4

"Good morning boys." Alec's mom says enthusiastically and hugs us both.

Once she pulls away we both look at each other with questioning glances, she usually isn't like this, not to this extent at least.

"Good morning Maryse." I smile at the same time as Alec says:

"Good morning Mom." And smiles as well.

"What are you doing here so early?" Alec asks.

"Well, I thought I'd take you boys to our house today, I don't work today so it might be better for somebody else to be there, just in case ya know?"

It does make sense, but it's extremely annoying.i wanted to spend the day with just Alec, now I have to spend it with his mom too, then his siblings. I love them all,don't get me wrong, but I love spending time with Alec alone more.

"Yeah I guess. We have something to tell you... I thought it might be easier if Charlie was here too..."

Maryse smiles at us and holds her hands behind her back.

"You boys can tell me anything. Go ahead."

Alec looks to me for help, but he has to say it himself, it'll help him be more confident.

I give him a reassuring smile and nod.

"Mom. I'm gay." He says quickly.

Maryse stands completely still, staring at her son.

"Okay."

Alec married his eyes at her.

"Okay?"

"Yes. Okay. I'm gonna guess that you and Magnus are together?" She smiles slightly, hands still behind her back. It doesn't seem like any of this has fazed her at all.

"Uh... Yeah, we are." He says slowly, as if waiting for her to snap or something.

"Okay." She says again. "I don't care who you love, as long as they're a good person. I love Magnus, he's amazing. I know he's good to you. I can't say the same for your father though." She has a worried look on her face now. "Me and Charlie love you two no matter what. Your our boys." She smiles and my mom nods in agreement.

"It's true. Maybe I can invite everyone over here for supper and we can all be there for you when you boys tell Robert. Just in case." She smiles sadly.

Maryse nods. "That would be a great idea. Tonight?"

"Sounds like a plan. Don't worry boys, we've got your backs."

"Thanks mom." Alec mutters, there's tears in his eyes.

"Thank you Maryse, he's been really scared about telling people."

"Of course. You don't have to thank me. He's my son. He will be my son no matter what. And Magnus, you're like a son to me, so of course I support you two, you're a little young but I met your father when I was only a year older than you. Sometimes it's just meant to be."

Me and Alec smile at each other. I sure hope that's the case with us, I never want to see him gone.

"Well come on then you two, Charlotte has to get to work."

Me and Alec both nod, grab our things and head for the door.

"See you tonight mom! Love you!" I call as we leave.

The drive to Alec's place was fairly quiet, we talked a bit and sang a little but it was mostly filled with comfortable silence.