Chapter 19- Boyfriend

I feel a hand on my shoulder, shaking me.

I open my eyes to see Jasmine's face only about 5 inches away from mine.

"Wake up." She grins at me.

I groan.

"You two are adorable. Its not the first time I've said it and it for sure won't be the last, but you two are officially my favourite couple. I don't care if you've made it official yet or not."

That was when I felt Alec's arm around my waist, and his torso pressed against my back.

I wiggle around in his arms until I can look at him.

"All of our adorable comes directly from him. I swear his cuter than a puppy." I say, looking at Alec's sleeping face.

"Awwweeee... It still isn't fair that you get well... That. And I can't find anybody."

"You'll find somebody. Give it time. You're not even 14 yet Jasmine you shouldn't be having relationship problems." I laugh a little, trying to bug her.

"Hey!" She whisper yells and hits my shoulder lightly.

"If he weren't gay I bet I'd be his type."

"Keep on dreaming." I laugh.

"Yeah, yeah. But I mean look at him. A girl can dream."

"I know. But like I said. Mine."

"His eyes will forever be my favourite colour."

"They should be everyone's favourite colour. Is anybody else awake?"

"I don't think so. It's 7 am. I just figured I'd wake you up now so that you guys can have have a minute to yourself and also make sure you aren't in this position if someone walks in."

"You're the best sister ever."

"I know. But I'll never get sick of hearing it." She laughs.

"I hate you sometimes."

"No you don't. You love me always."

And with that she left.

After a minute or two I decide I can't wait any longer and turn back to Alec to wake him up. Only to see him staring at me.

"I think your sister is in love with me." He says groggily.

"You were awake?"

"Of course I was. And you're way more adorable than me."

"You know that's not true."

We were laying facing each other now, whispering in case somebody else actually is awake and would be able to hear us.

"It is. But anyways, what time does everyone else get up?"

"We've got probably an hour, then my dad will wake up and play his computer game for 30 minutes or so before he wakes us all up."

"Good." He pulls me closer to him.

It's an amazing feeling, being in his arms. It feels like home, no matter where we are.

We stay silent for about 10 minutes until he breaks it.

"I hate the way your dad talks about you." He whispers.

"I know... He's being fairly nice right now actually. I think it's because you're here and he doesn't know if you'll call the cops or not."

"Maybe I should."

"No. Don't. It'll only make things worse. Please, just leave it alone. As long as you're there when I get home everytime, I will be okay."

He smiles sadly at me.

I can tell he doesn't like it, and he doesn't have to. But if he gets sent to jail he won't be in there long, and he will come after us the second he gets out. Sometimes it's just better to let things play out the way they're meant to be.

Fighting back only causes more problems for yourself and those around you.

Look at most superheroes. There's never any villains until they reveal themselves to be there. All they were doing when they revealed themselves was giving hope to those around them. And with that hope came destruction.

It's better to just leave things alone, people die, people are born, it happens every day. Just let things happen the way they're meant to be. If there's an easy way to save somebody, like driving a drink person home or calling the police on a murderer, by all means, do it.

It's when you try to bring a sense of false hope on things, when you try too hard to bring more hope than there should be. That's when you get problems.

"Okay." He says. At least he knows when to give up. If things get worse here he will go after my siblings. That's can't happen.

"Thank you Alec. I just... I-"

"You don't need to explain yourself to me. I get it. I promise." He sounds sad and a little unconvincing, but for the most part he seems sincere. And I know that he would never do anything to hurt me, so if I don't want him to call the police, I know he wouldn't.

"Of course." He kisses my ear softly.

We both go silent again, just enjoying being in each others' arms.

I wonder when we'll get time alone like this again, after we go back home at least. I know he will probably be staying the night when we get back, both of our parents promised he'd get to stay every time, but after that there won't be much alone time to be a couple.

A couple... Are we even officially a couple? I really want to talk to him about it but will he say no? Will he decide being officially a couple is too much for him? I don't want to pressure him either.

"Are we dating?" I burst out suddenly.

"What do you mean?" He pulls away from me to look me in the eyes.

"I mean I don't think we ever actually decided if we were official."

"I thought it was just implied that we were together."

"But... Can I call you my boyfriend."

I know I shouldn't be so worried, but in this moment I feel more nervous than any other moment in my lifetime.

"Magnus, last night I pretty much told your sister that she could be the Maid Of Honour at our wedding." He has an adorable half smile on his face and he's looking at me like I'm insane.

"Is that I yes?" I ask hopefully.

"A yes to what?" He says expectantly.

"Alexander Lightwood will you officially be my boyfriend?"

He acts like he's thinking, which really doesn't help my nerves, even if I know that he's joking.

Then he leans forward and kisses me softly.

"Of course." He says with a gentle, loving smile.

I give him a huge smile. I honestly never thought I'd be able to call this blue eyed boy my boyfriend.

But here we are, lips only a few inches away from mine, his arms wrapped around me, and mine around him. The perfect situation.

So of course something will ruin it right? That's kind of how my life goes.

"WHAT THE HELL?!?!?"