Chapter 25- Charlotte

Me and Alec both stood completely still, staring between her and each other.

"Well? Is there anything?"

Neither of us say a thing.

"Okay... Well if you decide you want to tell me something, I'll be here." She looks a little disappointed, I guess she didn't expect me to question whether or not to tell her, and starts to walk away.

I look to Alec, I'm not exactly sure what for, permission, advice, something.

He just nods.

"Wait. Mom come back."

She turns around and takes a few steps towards us, looking at me with an expectant yet warm look on her face.

She doesn't look expectant in a bad way, like if I don't tell her she will be mad, but in a welcoming sort of way, as if she's waiting for good news or something.

"I'm... I'm gay." I stutter out, cringing right after I say it in case she gets mad.

"Finally." She says. "I've been waiting for you to tell me. But I knew that already. I want you to tell me about Mr. Lightwood here." She grins.

"I kind of thought you had figured it out." I hang my head.

"Oh come on." She laughs. "It takes a bit more than a friendship to have somebody react the way Alec did. It was like his whole world was gone because you weren't there. He reacted even worse than me and Jasmine did."

Alec's face turns bright red.

"Was it really that obvious?" He asks, embarrassed.

"Yeah, but I think me and Izzy were the only ones who noticed. I would've thought Jasmine would pick up on it but she just acted like I was insane."

"Ummmm... Mom... Jasmine knows. Jasmine was the only person who knew. Chrissy knew too I guess."

"WHAT!" Remember what I said before about her not being mad? I take that back. "They knew before me?"

"Yeah... Sorry. I love you?" I try to make it better with that.

"Mmmhm. I'm sure you do." She rolls her eyes in a joking way and Alec laughs at us both.

"Well, thank you for taking care of my boy Alec. I already know you treat him right so I really don't have to warn but but I still feel like I have to say something. Hurt him, I'll come after you." She stares at Alec and he gulps.

"Y-yes miss Bane." He seems afraid.

"Stop calling me Ms. Or Ms. Bane... It makes me feel old." She frowns.

"What should I call you then?" He asks.

"Call me mom." She smiles, Alec gulps, the idea doesn't seem to be his favourite, or maybe he's still afraid she's gonna do something. "Or by my first name of course."

Alec looks to me for help.

"I've never heard anybody say her name... Mags help." He whispers pleadingly.

"Oh my." My mother laughs. "Magnus did you really not tell the poor boy my name? How long has it been since we met Alec? I assumed you knew my name..." My mom laughs some more.

Alec looks at me for help again while my mother continues laughing.

"Charlotte." I tell him. "But most people call her Charlie."

"Thank you." He smiles at me gratefully.

"Of course." I whisper a smile.

"Why are you two whispering? You know I'm right here right? I can hear you." My mom looks at us with a confused look on her face, a half smile on her lips along with the narrowed eyes. It's a loving look.