Chapter 7- Like A Dream

"Alexander. What are you doing?" The blue eyed boy is standing in front of me, searching my eyes. He's been standong there for a while now. Unmoving except his eyes that flicker between my own.

"Alec?" I ask again.

"I'm sorry Magnus. I just... I need to try something. I don't know how you'l react. But it'll most likely only happen once. I just need to." He still hasn't moved his feet, but his eyes have seemed to stop flickering back and forth.

"What is it? Can I help?"

He laughs a little at that. "I guess you could. But that's all up to you." He steps a little closer to me, placing a hand on my shoulder. 'What does he need' I wonder.

"What do you mean... How can I h-" I feel something warm against my lips, is... Is... Is Alexander kissing me???

His hand moves from my shoulder around the back of my neck, and my hands move to cup his face.

What's happening?

I pull him closer to me, wraping my arms tightly around him, making sure he can't escape so I cam savour this moment for just a few seconds longer.

He pulls away too soon. But I don't open my eyes. Completely zoned out by what just happened. My mind in another world.

"A-Alexander... That was... Wow." I mutter.

"ALEXANDER?!?" A high pitched voice screams.

My eyes fly open. Staring at the sight in front of me. Blonde hair is the first thing I see, and that snobby voice. Camille. Why is Camille here. I was clearly kissing Alec.

"What... What happened." Her face goes blank as I ask this. And the words she says are in her voice, but it's like a computerized version of her.

"You feel something for Alec. But you'll always love me Magnus Bane. You'll never get over me. And you'l never be able to have a serious relationship. Cause I'll always be there, in your thoughts, a part of your spirit, always in the deepest part of your heart. It's me you love. Not some closeted black haired, blue eyed, mamas boy. Me. Me. Me. Me..." She continues chanting "me" and I cover my ears. Falling painfully to the ground below me.

"NO. NO. NO. IT'S NOT TRUE. I DON'T LOVE YOU. AND ALEXANDER ISN'T GAY." But the voice doesn't stop.

"Me. Me. Me. Me. Me..."

"NEVER. I HATE YOU CAMILLE."

"Me. Me. Me. Me. Me. Me. Me."

"IT'S NOT YOU. IT'S HIM. IT WILL ALWAYS BE HIM."

"Me. Me. Me. Me. Me. Me. Me. Me."

"ENOUGH."

"Me. Me. Me. Me. Me. Me. Me."

"HOW DO I MAKE YOU STOP."

"Me. Me. Me. Me."

"I AM BISEXUAL AND I LIKE ALEXANDER LIGHTWOOD. NOT CAMILLE THE BLONDE HAIRED BITCH." I scream as loud as I can.

"Me. Me. Me. Me. Me. Me."

"MAGNUS!!!" A familiar voice calls out.

"MAGNUS. HELP ME." He yells again.

The voice is coming from somewhere to my left. I turn and run in the direction. 25 steps and bang a wall. When I get up again I see nothing in front of me.

"Choose." Camilles figure appears in front of me. To the left of her I see sunshine, a gorgeous forest I'd love to be able to live in forever. At first glance it seems like the right answer. The place is like heaven on earth, the stone path a staircase, leading me to this heaven that lays before me. At the end of the path I see myself, almost like a mirror. I raise my left, he raises his right at the same time, mirroring my every move. But even from here I see the sadness in his eyes. He doesn't want to be there. The journey may be simple and wonderful, but the destination is miserable and cold.

To the right of her is a dark path, It's raining hard, the storm that'll tear apart homes, cause loss, and dispair. It's a forest too, but this one has broken down trees that look gard to get around, wolves are howling angrily. At first glance I'd much rather the other path. But looking way down the road, there's a hint of a ranbow, and white and gold roses, something shines within them. My heart os dragging me right. But my brain is dragging me left, towards the safe path.

"Right." I blurt out suddenly, barely even meaning to.

The forest wilts and dies in a matter of seconds, everything happy from the left path destroyed, gone forever.

And I'm pushed into the right. Wolves close around me. Growling. Slowly closing the gap between me and them. And then one jumps.
_______________________________________

"AHH!" I snap back awake, breathing hard. It was just a dream. But I can still hear Camille chanting quietly. "Me. Me. Me..." It'll never be her. I know that now.

"Mags? You okay?" Jas runs into my room.

"Yeah... Nightmare... I'm sorry for waking you, I'll tell you about it tomorrow. Right now I just really need sleep." I tell her, yawning.

"Okay... Goodnight." She turns to walk back out of my room.

"Night!" I call after her before drifting off.
_______________________________________

I wake up to the sound of thunder. It's still night, probably about 2 am. 

Theo is standing in my doorway, looking scared. He's hugging his stuffed animal named Bubble. It was his first word and he kept calling it Bubble after he learned more words... We just went with it...

"M-Madnus." He tries to say my name.

"Yes Theo?"

"C-can I be here." He's a bit slow at learning words and grammar, but we're all able to understand it.

"Of course, come here." I say, patting the empty space next to me on my bed.

"Thanks." He mumbles and climbs into my bed. "Madnus..." He says. "Where thunder from? Why it hurt people?"

I think for a second, it's obvious he's scared of the thunder. So I need to make something up that'll keep him from getting scared.

As quickly as I can I come up with something on the spot. It's not very good... But hopefully it fools him. Hopefully it makes him love thunder instead.

"Thunder comes from Thunder Bear." I tell him.

He looks curious, interested in Thunder Bear. "Who's Thunder Bear?" He asks me, propping himself up on his elbow to look at me.

"Well he's a bear, a very friendly bear. He's scared of light. And he makes loud noises when he's happy, noises loud enough that the whole world hears them." I explain.

"Lightning?"

"Lightning comes from Lightning Bear, she's Thunder Bear's sister. They like to play games together. And they always have lots of fun, just like us when with our piggy back rides." He giggles a bit at this.

"Thunder Bear nice?" He asks.

"Of course Thunder Bear is nice. He's my best friend. Someday you can meet him."

He giggles a bit more before going silent for a few seconds. "Okay." He says. When I look over at him next he's sounds asleep.