A/N

I'm not sure if I have... Or if I have, how many times I have, but I just want to thank everyone who reads this story, maybe passes it on to a friend or something...

When I first started writing I really didn't expect anything to come of it...

I used to write short stories and one shots in notebooks just for myself for as long as I can remember. Honestly I used to enjoy writing short stories even when I was 7 or 8 (they were really bad but in my mind they were the shit.)

It's been a secret dream of mine since I was little to actually publish a book, I actually have a few original things written on Wattpad that I just never published... I don't know if I ever will, I think I published one chapter of one of my favourite stories that I've been writing just cause my friend wanted to see how it starts to tell me if it was a good start or not...

But I really have been through a lot, and writing keeps me going, seeing that even a few people want to know what I have to say and what my ideas are is absolutely amazing to me. Sometimes it's all that keeps me going...

I never thought I'd truly admit it, but I said it in a comment the other day and I wanted to address it here...

None of this is me asking for attention, please don't look at it that way, I really haven't ever WANTED attention for it, or wanted people to feel bad for me because of it. I've just seen quite a few comments regarding why Magnus's father isn't in prison, and why Magnus doesn't just admit to it...

I know it can be frustrating... Trust me.

At a very young age, my father left... I never really questioned whether I had a father or not. It was always me and my mom. When I was only a year old, my father had a really bad drug and alcohol problem, he would get really drunk and he would get angry. He would do and say things he didn't mean, and my mom didn't want him around me. So she broke up with him,  and he didn't acknowledge my existence until I was 7.

Not everything Magnus went through in this story was something I went through, my close friends that know even a little bit about me always joked around saying that my life would make a good movie (I'm 16 now, and to me it really is way better to just laugh about it. I don't really hold grudges against everyone involved, everyone went through some tough times, we've all moved on.) so that's exactly what I did... I took my life story, added a few things, took some away, and put other characters in my place.

If anybody is actually reading this part, please do not try to find out who I am and find 'help' for me. As I said, everyone that was in that situation has moved on. Unfortunate things happen in everyone's lives, it just so happens that I was a victim of abuse from a man who couldn't put down his alcohol.

A lot happened for the 4-5 years I spent there, but then my dad kind of decided that he had enough if telling I'm worthless and that he hates me and shit and just never came back...

Jasmine is based a lot off of my sister. We were best friends, just like Mags and Jas in this story, but when my dad stopped coming to pick me up, he told Kay that I asked him to stop coming, he told all 3 of my siblings that I stopped coming because I didn't want to see them and he convinced all of them that I hated them. So they all kind of hate me now because they think I abandoned them... But there's nothing I can do about it.

My grandparents and my auntie keep in touch and they keep me updated on how my siblings are doing. So I know my father doesn't hurt them, and as long as they are safe I'm okay with them hating me... The only reason I stayed for so long without doing anything about it was for them.

There's a lot more in this story that's based off of my life too... Mr. N was my teacher in grade 7 and 8... He was also my gym teacher from grade 2 to grade 6... And when I went to highschool our class was all so close that he transferred with us. He's now the principal at our old school so we don't see him as often anymore... Only when we visit during exams...