Chapter 5- A Few Things Lost

1 year later

"Come on Magnus. Wake up, it's time for school." I can can sort of hear my mother's voice. But it sounds faded through my sleep.

"Magnus." She says again, shaking me lightly. Again, I can feel her. Subconsciously at least. But my mind is far away, in dream land, not wanting to come back from it's happy place millions of miles away.

"MAGNUS!!!" She yells, shaking me hard this time. My mind snaps back into my body and I bolt upwards, I feel my forehead connect with something, and hear 2 grunts, one my own and the other... My mom.

"S-sorry" I mutter, rubbing my head where it's sore.

"Get up, you're gonna be late for school Mags. Hurry up and get ready." She says before hurrying out of my room and closing the door behind her.

Ugh school. I'm in 7th grade right now. So it's not like school is really that hard, at least not for me. I used to struggle with school a lot, up until grade 6 I was barely passing all of my courses. But now I'm doing better, straight A student and always looking to improve. But even though school work isn't hard anymore, it doesn't mean school's easy for me. Cause the school work isn't what's hard, it's the people.

It's the middle of november so school has just started a couple of months ago. My class has been together since kindergarten, except for the 2 new kids this year and the few that joined throughout the years, but they all seemed to fit right in within a few months at most, so we're all pretty close. But that doesn't stop the drama.

It doesn't stop the hatred, arguments, the bullying. But so far nobody else seems to be effected by our school's bullying. Unlike me. Daily I get made fun of for the dumbest things, but either way it bugs me. Cause it's all stuff I can't change about myself. My hair, my slightly slanted eyes, my height, my family. They never fail to find something to pick on me for.

About a month ago my 2 best "friends" Addie Morris and Nadine Samuels sent out a couple pictures of me working in class to a group chat if the class, which of course I wasn't in, calling me every name imaginable. Pointing out all my flaws. Bitch. Whore. Fag. Ugly. They said I deserved to die. They said nobody would ever love me. Fat. Stupid. They said my nose was too big. My hair was never taken care of. Slut. Slob. Dissapointment... And maybe they're right. Maybe it's all true. I am a disspointment, to everyone. I am a slob, I could afford to pay more attention to my hair. And I could also afford to lose some weight. I am useless.

Flashback to a month before

'Why are they laughing?' I thought to myself. Ever since I showed up this morning almost everyone in my class giggles when they see me. Or glares. What's going on. There's Addie and Nadine at their lockers, I should ask them.

"Hey." I say as I run up to them. Neitger of them are really that pretty, especially not Addie. But they're known as some of the prettiest girls. Addie has long blonde hair and a squared face, we've been friends since we were 3 years old, but in grade 5 we started hanging out more often and have been best friends ever since. Nadine is a bit short with long, wavy brown hair that's always a bit messy, a longer face, and light blue/green eyes. She's a bit prettier. Nadine moved to our school in grade 6 and became best friends with me and Addie only about a month ago.

"Fuck off." Addie spits at me before slamming her locker door and pulling Nadine into class.

What the hell just happened? What did I do wrong?

"Hey." A voice says behind me. I turn around quick and almost smack the blue eyed boy while doing so.

"Are you okay?" He asks me. Looking concerned for reasons I don't yet know. "Why are you talking to them?"