Chaper 27- New York?

"Robert, be home for supper please, we're all going to Charlie's for supper, it's an important supper."

She stops talking for about 45 seconds, he must be talking.

"I don't care if you have lots of work to do, you better be there."

Another pause.

"No we can't reschedule this. Be there or don't bother coming home!" She screams and hangs up the phone.

She turns around, she had her back to me before, looking stressed.

"Oh!" She yelps a little, seemingly surprised that I was there, I honestly though she heard me walk up.

"Sorry." I mutter.

"No, no it's okay Magnus, I didn't hear you. Just don't tell the others about what you heard please. Me and Robert haven't been getting along the greatest for the past couple months, you're old enough now to understand that. But please don't tell my kids, especially Alec, he has enough to worry about right now." She begs.

"Of course I won't, you should be the one to tell them, when you're ready. Just don't leave it too long, they'll be upset that you didn't tell them."

"Thank you Magnus."

I nod and smile.

"Anyways, I came to ask what time were leaving, it's already 5 and I'm assuming supper will be around 6?"

She nods. "Yeah, can you get Max ready and tell everyone to get ready to go as well, I need a minute and I'll be right out."

I turn and leave the kitchen, heading back into the living room where everyone else is.

"So are we going?" Alec looks up at me from where he's sitting on the floor with Max.

"Yeah, everyone get ready to go, your mom said she'll be just a minute and we're leaving."

Everyone nods and heads in different directions, except me and Max.

"Come on Maxy, let's get you ready."

He giggles and runs away.

"Oh boy. Get over here." I laugh and start chasing him around the living room, he stops to catch his breath everyone once in a while but always giggles and runs again before I can catch him.

I need a plan.

I hide behind the couch while he runs around the coffee table.

He stops, looking confused, so I jump out from behind the coffee table and grab him, tickling him till he gives up.

"Madnuuussss." He giggles. "No more."

I stop tickling him but hold him still. "Are you gonna let me out your shoes and sweater on."

He grins. "Maybe."

"I'll get you a treat once we get to my house." I promise, raising my eyebrows and grinning at him.

He giggles and runs towards the door, grabbing his sweater for me and struggling to put his shoes on, he ends up with them on the wrong feet of course.

"Maaaaxxx..." I groan playfully. "You've got your shoes on wrong."

He looks down at his feet, eyebrows furrowed. "Oh."

Max flops onto his butt and lifts his feet out, moving them around towards me so that I can fix them for him.

I pull his shoes off and slip them onto the right feet, then lift him up into the air and spin him around a bit, putting him on his feet before I get too dizzy.