Chapter 13- Kiss

Today's the day Layla comes back. I'm not sure what I'm going to do, or how she's going to react.

I haven't spoken to Addie or Nadine since the incident with them calling Alexander a fag and whatnot... Sydney texted me that night apologizing for what they did. She said that it really didn't matter to her who Alec liked.

Her and Alec don't really talk much, and I don't think that's going to change.

She hasn't talked to me much at school, only a few words in the hallways now and then, but if Addie and Nadine catch her talking to me they pull her away. It sucks... It really does. But in used to shit like this. Those 2 girls are bitches, always have been, always will be.

But now Layla is coming back. This complicates things just a little bit more.

"What are you thinking about?" Alexander asks me, a hint of worry on his face.

He stayed at my place last night, I'm assuming my mom is going to let him stay over every Sunday after I get back from my father's, so she drove us both to school this morning.

I'm not exactly sure what I'm thinking  about... Well I'm thinking about Layla coming back, yes, but his next question will be why I'm thinking about her coming back, and if I'm worried. And I can't answer that one.

I don't know if I'm worried or not. I don't know if I'm scared, nervous, excited. I really don't know.

I mean, of course I'm excited for her to come back, I miss her, but am I ready to find out if she's gonna be just like Sydney? Not at all.

"Just thinking about Layla coming back. I'm worried that Addie and Nadine will do the same thing to her that they're doing to Sydney." I finally tell him. I didn't answer his question for a good 2 minutes, just lost in my own thoughts. So he was probably starting to worry.

"Understandable to worry about that... But just remember, no matter what, I'm here." Him saying that send shivers down my spine.

"How could I forget?"

He smiles at me softly.

"It's their loss. You are absolutely amazing."

"Oh trust me. I knew that already." I lie.

I'm far from amazing. It's only a matter of time before I lose Alexander too.

I wouldn't blame Layla if she stopped talking to me, I'm worthless.

"MAGNUS!!" I hear Layla's voice coming from the classroom door, she for sure sounds excited to be back.

I turn to see her, she seems way darker than before, I guess Mexico does that to you.

"Are you gonna go over there?" Alec asks me.

I look at her again and notice that she's waving me over.

"Can you come with me?" I turn to him, I can feel the fear that's showing on my face, and I hate it. I don't want to show fear that much.

"Of course I will." Alec gets up out of his chair and I get out of mine, together we walk towards Layla.

My hands are a bit shaky, but I trying to stay calm.

"Hey Layla. How was your trip?" I ask her, trying my best to keep my voice steady. I might lose my second best friend soon.

"Oh my god, it was amazing. I took lots of pictures, come sit with all of us at lunch and I'll show you." She says excitedly.

I feel Alexander tense up beside me.