Chapter 9- Gay?

"MAGNUS!! ALEC!!! BREAKFAST" My mom hollars at us from the kitchen.

We turn and look at each other, huge grins on both of our faces.

Without a word we both start racing down the hallway and down the stairs, towards the kitchen.

I beat him there, but not by as much as I usually do, he's not only getting stronger, he's getting faster too. I might be in trouble, he might get stronger, faster, and maybe even taller than me. But for now I need to hold on to the moments that I can still win.

"HA! Beat you" I stick out my tongue at him.

"I'm starting to catch up though." He defends.

"Okay boys, come eat." My mom laughs softy at us and shakes her head.

We eat breakfast, the whole time sneaking looks at each other, either fake glares from him because I beat him, or winning smiles from me. Each time it ended in us both laughing.

"Magnus you can do dishes after school, I have to drop you guys off a bit early today."

Me and Alec both hop into the backseat of my mom's SUV. One of us could sit in the front, but we always sit in the back together so that one of us isn't left in the back alone.

The second the vehicle stops Alexander looks at me with a huge smile on his face before jumping out and running as fast as he can.

"I'm gonna get you for that." I whispered to myself. "BYE MOM!"

I run after him, running through the front doors, around the corner, up the stairs, and down the hall. But he's nowhere to be seen.

I would think he'd be by my locker, ready to brag about his victory, even though he clearly cheated, but he isn't.

"Alec?" I call.

Nothing.

I look around a bit.

Suddenly I feel a weight on my back, and I hear Alexander's giggle.

"I won." He whipsers in my ear while clinging to my back like a piggy back ride.

"You cheated." I point out and shake him off. Turning around to face him.

"Who got here first? You gotta do what you've gotta do to win Mags." He smiles and evil little smile at me.

"Fine. Alec-1 Mags..." I pause and he glared at me. "How many times have I beat you? Like a thousand?"

"Yeah, yeah." He shakes his head at me. "But 1 is a start."

We both laugh and head into class.

"Mags!" Layla runs up to me and Alec. He tenses up a bit. He's never really seemed comfortable around the 4 of them, even Layla. I've never talked to him about it, he will tell me when hes ready.

"Hey Layla, how was your weekend?"

"Pretty good, how was yours?" She smiles softly, only talking to me, even though Alexander is right next to me.

"Good, my mom surprised me and my sister with a trip to Mexico, we leave tomorrow I think."

Layla and her family are the type that... Don't really have problems, they're the definition of a perfect family. Her mom moved here from the Philippines in her twenties, and her dad is European, but his parents moved here before he was born.

They live in a huge house 10 minutes out of town, the house looks old from the outside, like a log cabin, but the inside is completely different, everything in there is modern.