Chapter Twenty-Four: Promise Me

ROSE POV

Rose woke up with a raging headache. She blinked slowly as her eyes met with the ceiling first. Her body was freezing but a part of her felt slightly warm. On her right side, she realized a snuggling Jungkook was cuddled next to her. 

She didn't even realize that she was in her room. Her focus was on Jungkook. She wanted to look at him more but her cough suddenly awoken him. Rose was sick. 

Jungkook got up abruptly and said, "You're awake." 

"Yeah I'm awa--" Rose paused as she saw what she was wearing. It was her pjs. 

"How did I get into these......?" She asked him as she narrowed her eyes at him.

"Haha. Don't worry, your girls did that." He replied as he rubbed the nape of his neck. 

Rose tried blowing out a sigh but failed as she coughed once again. 

Jungkook immediately gave her a glass of water for her dry throat. 

After she drank, she asked him, "What happened..." 

Jungkook's lips tightened up in a firm line and told her everything from her drowning, to him saving her, and him rushing her to her apartment that luckily very close. He did leave out one part though...

He gave her cpr. 

She blinked at him dumbfoundedly.  "So you're saying I almost died?" She asked. 

"Yeeeeeah." He replied. 

"So why didn't you rush me to the hospital?" She asked curiously. 

"Because you were conscious after I gave you---" He stopped. 

Rose's brows slowly rose as he stopped mid sentence. "After you gave me what...?" 

"A huge slap on the back!" He yelled out. 

"Y-you slapped me?" She narrowed her eyes at him. 

"Sure." He quickly replied.

Rose didn't buy it but didn't care to carry on. She was feeling a fatigue and her body was still cold. She thought her face probably looked dead as well. She rolled over to her side and continued to be the sick person she was. 

Jungkook rubbed the back of his neck and awkwardly tried to ask her, "D-do you want breakfast?" 

Rose raised one brow at him. "You? Cook? Last time, I saw you cook breakfast, you tried to drown toast with butter." 

"Can we not talk about drowning..." Jungkook said innocently. His eyes were slightly wary. 

Rose smiled and let out a light laugh. "I'll have french toast. Promise me you won't burn anything?" 

Jungkook pursed his lips to the side and got up hesitantly.  "I don't think I can promise you that..." 

Rose face-palmed herself and flipped her blanket off as she was about to get up.

"NONONO! Stay. " Jungkook commanded with his index finger pointed at her. 

Rose eyed his finger and said," Am I a puppy now?" She asked irritatedly.